BOX1

Aftermarket Radio Option?

J

Jdurbin

Oct 14, 2015
Honestly guys, after reviewing all the options. I really think you can spend $50 - $150 and get a very good Bluetooth speaker. They make them waterproof, shock resistant, loud and run for 12 to 15 hours on one charge. Plus you don't have the hassle of wiring or messing something up. You can also take the speaker off and use it elsewhere when your not using the utv. That's the way I'm going.

Reactions: Buryit and Hondasxs
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly guys, after reviewing all the options. I really think you can spend $50 - $150 and get a very good Bluetooth speaker. They make them waterproof, shock resistant, loud and run for 12 to 15 hours on one charge. Plus you don't have the hassle of wiring or messing something up. You can also take the speaker off and use it elsewhere when your not using the utv. That's the way I'm going.

Tried that it just wasn't loud enough on the 700 to get past the noise of the machine, maybe the 1000 is significantly quieter.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Please show us which Bluetooth speaker you get. I've tried three different ones and came to the same conclusion as @ohanacreek. This is the route I'd prefer to go though for all the reasons you said, so if you find a good one please share!

J

Jdurbin

Oct 14, 2015
Please show us which Bluetooth speaker you get. I've tried three different ones and came to the same conclusion as @ohanacreek. This is the route I'd prefer to go though for all the reasons you said, so if you find a good one please share!
I currently use a cheap $10 one. I know what your saying. I was looking at the JBL charge 2 + or the Braven BRV pro. Both were significantly louder then my current one. I'll let you know what I go with.

Reactions: Tflynn
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a Bose Soundlink II and it will fill our pool deck with sound or run you out of a room but riding around it just wouldn't put out enough dB to overcome the noise.

Ended up with a marine head unit and speakers.

Reactions: Jdurbin
BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Noam nutv-4 on mine sounds great and waay loud and cheap

J

Jdurbin

Oct 14, 2015
update. I bought a JBL charge 3. Splash proof. I can hear it clear as day while running the machine. It has 20 hr play time. Bluetooth. I spent 150.00. Plus I can take it with me when I'm not on the machine. Also another feature is it will link in stereo with another charge 3.

Image Image

Reactions: Tflynn and AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
update. I bought a JBL charge 3. Splash proof. I can hear it clear as day while running the machine. It has 20 hr play time. Bluetooth. I spent 150.00. Plus I can take it with me when I'm not on the machine. Also another feature is it will link in stereo with another charge 3.

View attachment 17733 View attachment 17734

That looks like a good option. How did you mount it?

J

Jdurbin

Oct 14, 2015
I had fast straps from my windshield left over. I rigged them up using Velcro I bought from a cheap hardware stoore. The Velcro alone works but the fast straps make it easier. The bottoms of the speaker has a rubber base that is a good cushion between the speaker and the bar.

Skud7272

Skud7272

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2016
Cencal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New to this forum. Just got my 1k5 a couple weeks ago and have already addressed the stereo issue. A little aluminum stock to fab the wider roll bar and the mudsys46 bluetooth overhead utv audio systems a perfect fit for the 1k5. Plenty of room in the back seats to clear your head w/ a helmet on and I'm 6'3".

Reactions: Tflynn
Skud7272

Skud7272

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2016
Cencal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great, nice work. How much did that run you?

Came out to 650$ w/ a coupon I had from another purchase. That and the cost of 12 longer 10mm bolts to accommodate the thicker piece of aluminum I had lying around. The flimsy press formed sheet metal they provide for mounting to the cage looked like it would have snapped off the first time two wheels left the ground.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I went with a MTX soundbar and also added Sirius satellite to it. I can unplug the sat feed and plug in my MP3 player if I want to, or bluetooth my phone to it.

I don't have AM/FM capability aside from FM player on my phone but rarely do I want AM or FM, I want variety and no commercials so the Sirius plus MP3 player does just fine.

Mounted the soundbar on front bar behind the LED light bar. Sounds great and even better if parked and hanging out behind the 700....blasts pretty good.

Reactions: Skud7272
AggieVet

AggieVet

Aug 10, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 17733 View attachment 17734
I use a similar method with my Beats Pill. I bungee it to the top roll bar and it's easy on and off.

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's the audio setup I came up with. P1000 - PVC speaker pods

I was originally going to get the MTX MUDSYS-46 but it was expensive and I would still have to modify it to fit. They also responded to an email I sent that they will not be making a longer mounting bracket for the P1K. So, a DIY project it was and I'm happy the way it turned out, plus I saved a bunch of money.

L

Logdog90

Oct 30, 2016
Havana il
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use a Bluetooth speaker made by altek Lansing shock proof waterproof and so far plenty loud but pretty pricey at around $100

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!