P1000 Air Conditioning ATTN Honda offer complete package turn key machine

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any chance Honda will ever catch up with Can Am and Polaris with the options available? I would love to see a complete package from Honda with full hard cab heat, air, winch etc. We ride year around and Air would be nice to pressurize the cab from dust. Us old guys need it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A/C in a SXS? hahaha being a refrigeration guy that would be the biggest whore ever. not only to work on but to make it fit plus the evaporator and the proper refrigerant to make it to stay cool enough in a sxs so it stays cold past 3" from the vent hahaha not to mention being off road and bust a refrigerant line:oops: the mud alone will plug the evaporator and intercooler and we'd all be b****ing it don't work. if a PooPoo has one? well its a PooPoo and I'm sure its not that good just sayin.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It’s a problem of HP to run the compressor, where to dump heat and a whole lotta cab sealing, insulation, and hvac controls.

pretty soon you have a 35k off road toy.
right, i forgot to mention the Hp robbing compressor

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@ohanacreek honda doesn't know there customer base?
This is the perfect vehicle for dropping the kids off at soccer practice, A/C included.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did
@ohanacreek honda doesn't know there customer base?
This is the perfect vehicle for dropping the kids off at soccer practice, A/C included.
View attachment 202169

When Big H puts a locker in it and long travel on it...

Slap the RDX turbo motor in it and there ya go.

advertisement
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
maybe someday.......

I owned a Gldwing for several years and history was interesting to me, Engine was designed for a small boat intent that the engine could not fail, And dam they did it.
You could run the 4 corners of the US but u had to strap samsonite luggage with a bungee cord or belt to carry a change of clothes with you.
Rumors did trickle back to mother honda but it took a few years.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A/C in a SXS? hahaha being a refrigeration guy that would be the biggest whore ever. not only to work on but to make it fit plus the evaporator and the proper refrigerant to make it to stay cool enough in a sxs so it stays cold past 3" from the vent hahaha not to mention being off road and bust a refrigerant line:oops: the mud alone will plug the evaporator and intercooler and we'd all be b****ing it don't work. if a PooPoo has one? well its a PooPoo and I'm sure its not that good just sayin.
They have it in John Deere, Kubota, Polaris and Can Am so it must work. We try to avoid mud so I didn't think it was a stupid question as I would love to ride in a less dusty environment.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They have it in John Deere, Kubota, Polaris and Can Am so it must work. We try to avoid mud so I didn't think it was a stupid question as I would love to ride in a less dusty environment.

The Popo NorthStar is NICE it cools off well and the cab is sealed well.

BUT.......Last year at takeover we saw the same one broke down with AC issues at least 5 times in one day. Granted it was heavily modified with all sort of other crap but still broke down.

I think for farm use MAYBE if it just stays on roads but you start using it for trail riding beyond the bunny trails I think issues are going to pop up.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well.....at the end of the day if you need AC and enclosed cab to trail ride........you should probably find a new hobby. Dust, heat, cold, rain, wind, mud..its all part of it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!