P1000 Air Filter Cleaning

Weezil

Weezil

Mar 8, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found the video for the 2016 P1K air filter and it has pretty much the same setup as my 2019 but ...I was at Durhamtown this weekend and she started bogging down when I got on the throttle. My first thought was bad fuel since I had filled up that morning at their fuel depot but I checked the filter and it was fairly dirty. Printed on the plastic filter housing 3x was "do not use compressed air to clean". Using my hands and a paper towel I cleaned it fairly well and put it back in. Took her around the track a few times and problem was solved until 4th lap. It was REALLY dusty this weekend but I have fewer than 400 miles on this filter. Do I need a new one or is there a way to clean this one?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You need a new one and then put a filter skin over the intake under the hood and you can clean the filters skin instead of replacing your air filter. I use PC filter skins and then put a big hose clamp on the filter skin so it doesn't suck it in works great and then you don't have to change your air filter as often.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
And you need to check all your connections that go to your air cleaner make sure none of them are loose

Reactions: Tundra20 and Weezil
M

Mollie46

Feb 18, 2019
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need a new one and then put a filter skin over the intake under the hood and you can clean the filters skin instead of replacing your air filter. I use PC filter skins and then put a big hose clamp on the filter skin so it doesn't suck it in works great and then you don't have to change your air filter as often.
What filter skins are you using and where did you get them? Are you putting the skins over the stock pre filter thats under the hood?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
PC Racing Filter Skins put the filter skins over the intake with a hose clamp and over the pre-filter you can use the medium size or small size . if you put it over the intake make sure you use a hose clamp otherwise it will suck it right in.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Small over intake with big hose clamp and medium over prefilter
20161022 101901

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a foam unifilter on my snorkle head. I've noticed it keeps the stock filter a lot easier. I bought 2 so I can swap on a clean one if I'm riding a few days in a row.

IMG 20191019 171617

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!