P1000 Air filter fail

A

AZBoatHauler

Jan 28, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Final report - wisdom of the forum strongly defeats my ability to recognize a smashed gasket. The poke test confirmed that flat black channel I was looking into wasn’t as hard as it looked. Both smashed gaskets have been retrieved and discarded.

Thankfully the rest of the maintenance (oil, filters, sub trans) went smooth in comparison.

Appreciate the help.

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get your prefilter? Do you have a link?
It shows not in stock on Amazon, but if you search using

Uni Filter UP-4275AST 2-Stage Angle Pod Filter - 70mm I.D. x 102mm Length​

you'll find it for about $22 on line. Note that you will also need a sleeve to adapt it to the intake tube, many spray cans (WD 40 etc) are the right size.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It shows not in stock on Amazon, but if you search using

Uni Filter UP-4275AST 2-Stage Angle Pod Filter - 70mm I.D. x 102mm Length​

you'll find it for about $22 on line. Note that you will also need a sleeve to adapt it to the intake tube, many spray cans (WD 40 etc) are the right size.
Thanks!

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Final report - wisdom of the forum strongly defeats my ability to recognize a smashed gasket. The poke test confirmed that flat black channel I was looking into wasn’t as hard as it looked. Both smashed gaskets have been retrieved and discarded.

Thankfully the rest of the maintenance (oil, filters, sub trans) went smooth in comparison.

Appreciate the help.

View attachment 403505
Great to hear.

Now, to poke at the rest with common issues and overlooks.
For the oil, you did BOTH rear drains. Oil tank and engine pan.
And the most forward drain is for the sub-trans.
Be 3 total drains if doing them all at the same time.

And refilling.
Refilled the engine via the port under the bed
and the sub-trans via the port under the seat

H

HondaTech

Appreciate the help.

View attachment 403505

Dammit, I hate when I'm right

A

AZBoatHauler

Jan 28, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great to hear.

Now, to poke at the rest with common issues and overlooks.
For the oil, you did BOTH rear drains. Oil tank and engine pan.
And the most forward drain is for the sub-trans.
Be 3 total drains if doing them all at the same time.

And refilling.
Refilled the engine via the port under the bed
and the sub-trans via the port under the seat

Got all that. It was my second time changing the oil and filters, first time doing the sub trans. No issues.

Reactions: Rayger143 and CID
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Appreciate the help.

View attachment 403505
I gotta give ya props for coming back and saying you were wrong. It’s sad how few have that kind of integrity these days.
👏🏻well done sir

A

AZBoatHauler

Jan 28, 2022
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gotta give ya props for coming back and saying you were wrong. It’s sad how few have that kind of integrity these days.
👏🏻well done sir
I’ve learned a ton reading from knowledgeable people on this forum and others - understanding how mistakes are made and what items can be overlooked is what makes these resources invaluable. Glad I could be the guy that might prevent someone from making the same mistake without doing any damage other than wasting about 40 minutes of my time. Love my setup, but having to drop the jack and rear rack to lift the bed is a big time waste when required.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!