P1000 Air intake hose

C

Capervern

Jan 19, 2017
Sydney
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a 2019 1000 P3 and the front air intake hose keeps coming off. Mine has come off 2 times now. Had it to the dealer and they say they never heard any thing about this happening. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and if someone has come up with a repair on this.
Thanks Gordon

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2019 1000 P3 and the front air intake hose keeps coming off. Mine has come off 2 times now. Had it to the dealer and they say they never heard any thing about this happening. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and if someone has come up with a repair on this.
Thanks Gordon
The hose to the intake manifold? I've heard you should ensure the hose clamps are secure when you first bring home the machine. Some folks found them to be loose from the factory. Checked mine and they were good. Not sure why it would separate if the clamp is tight.

Reactions: TxDoc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks Gordon
Weird?

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And welcome to the forum! My friend's son is playing ball for the Canberra Calvary this season.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very expensive when that happens I’ll tell you. There is a lot of engine movement on that machine so they need to be tight but I personally haven’t heard of one that won’t clamp and stay on. I guess it makes me think the box isn’t installed properly or something along those lines. Something isn’t fitting right obviously

Reactions: TripleB
C

Capervern

Jan 19, 2017
Sydney
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm not sure how long it was off, when I did my 2000 km service on it I noticed it off so I installed back on and tightened the clamp as tight as I could with out striping it and at my 4000 km service it was off again, I had looked at it on my 3000 service and it was still tight. Thinking maybe the hose is to short and when the engine is torquing it pulls it off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!