BOX1

air intake noise

B

big31moe

Jul 28, 2014
I have 200 miles on my Pioneer and I love it with the exception of the noise created by the air intake behind the passenger. Honda for many years on the generator's muffled the intake to get the quiet operation they have a reputation for. I wish they would have done the same with the Pioneer. Has anybody addressed this on their own and fixed it? thanks

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Because I didn't like were the intake was on the Pioneer plus all the dust that it would draw into the filter I sort of snorkeled mine so that It draws air from right at the top of the Rad. I also installed a pre cleaner filter in that area as well. By doing this its stopped the noise as well as being worried about dust and water possibly getting drawn into the filter and motor. I used some 2" rubber hose and pvc to make my snorkel. I've since come to a conclusion that it would have been simpler to have bought some 2" air seeder hose and use it.The hose is heavy plus by using the hose you would eliminate joins etc: I only have one 90 degree bend.I made and installed this right after getting the Pioneer and haven't had any problems or power loss and I do have 3200 klms on.Remember I didn't do this for water travel I did it because of the poor placement of the air intake .There's just way to much dust created by the tires and backdraft in the factory's design.

Pioneer snorkel 007 Small Pioneer snorkel 001 Small Pioneer snorkel 003 Small Pioneer snorkel 005 Small

Reactions: bobhonda
B

big31moe

Jul 28, 2014
Your suggestion is right on!!!!!! I will be doing that asap and thank you for you quick response. Moe

B

big31moe

Jul 28, 2014
I got it done I used pvc pipe and glued all joints the sound difference is amazing I put an air cleaner up by the radiator like you did thanks for the idea and have a great thanksgiving Moe

Reactions: bobhonda
B

bobhonda

Mar 17, 2015
slowdryrider,
Because I didn't like were the intake was on the Pioneer plus all the dust that it would draw into the filter I sort of snorkeled mine so that It draws air from right at the top of the Rad. I also installed a pre cleaner filter in that area as well. By doing this its stopped the noise as well as being worried about dust and water possibly getting drawn into the filter and motor. I used some 2" rubber hose and pvc to make my snorkel. I've since come to a conclusion that it would have been simpler to have bought some 2" air seeder hose and use it.The hose is heavy plus by using the hose you would eliminate joins etc: I only have one 90 degree bend.I made and installed this right after getting the Pioneer and haven't had any problems or power loss and I do have 3200 klms on.Remember I didn't do this for water travel I did it because of the poor placement of the air intake .There's just way to much dust created by the tires and backdraft in the factory's design.

hello, does your air intake modification still on your Pioneer 700 ?
i'm really interested to do that on mine. with "air seeder hose" because i'm worried about factory air intake loud sound !

i made this to mine: P700 - P700-4 dampening intake airbox

thank you for feedback!
Bobhonda,

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!