Reactions: pct and bobbyhill
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All loaded up and ready to roll out in the AM. Going to a place call Zero Lake. Looks like a possible mud fest. We will see how the Pioneer stacks up against RZRs and Rangers. Here is an idea of what the ride might be like.

Looks like you need some new tires for that mess

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Looks like you need some new tires for that mess
This ride will give me an idea of how aggressive of a tire I should buy. Buddies are running Mudder in laws, swamp lites, big horns, and a few others. Leaning toward Intimidators, but worried about being able to spin 30"s.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Ride out to Zero Lake was a blast. RZR 1K on 30" MILs, RZR 1K4 stock Big Horns, Ranger Crew on 27" Mud Lites, Rancher 420 26" Quad boss, Foreman 500 26" Mud Lites.
1 Crashed Rancher, 1 flat on the RZR 1K4, 1 Popped bead on the Ranger, 1 exploded belt on the other RZR.

I can say that these Big Horns don't have very good side walls. 2nd tire the RZR 4 has blown, both side wall cuts. I sure it doesn't help the way he drives, LOL. Always trying to drift the damn thing!

Pioneer did great. I didn't have to get pulled out, but used the Tiger Tail quite a bit pulling the other guys.

Reactions: JACKAL
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Had a Go Pro, but they only had a small card for it. 10+ hours of riding and only 30 minutes of video and may be 10 minutes worth watching:eek:

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Had a Go Pro, but they only had a small card for it. 10+ hours of riding and only 30 minutes of video and may be 10 minutes worth watching:eek:

I use a 32GB card set the camera on 720P and get 16 hours of video continuous, but I have to run a USB power cable to keep the camera on that long. It works for me though.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I use a 32GB card set the camera on 720P and get 16 hours of video continuous, but I have to run a USB power cable to keep the camera on that long. It works for me though.
Go Pro is on the wishlist now.

Borrowed this one from my son's friend. He brings it out and has a dead battery and a 8GB card, Damn kids now days!!!
I might have to read up on the Hero 3 and see if I can get more time out of it. Riding again tomorrow, so hopefully I can get more video.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Go Pro is on the wishlist now.

Borrowed this one from my son's friend. He brings it out and has a dead battery and a 8GB card, Damn kids now days!!!
I might have to read up on the Hero 3 and see if I can get more time out of it. Riding again tomorrow, so hopefully I can get more video.
I'm still running an "old" Hero 2 had it for 4 years + still does a great job.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I use the hero 3 which is old now. I got it used and have no desire to upgrade to the Hero 4.

I may want to add the back pac battery one day to extend run times or do like @JACKAL and run a power cord.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Got the dash mounted up last night. Still missing a few switches.
View attachment 10416
Key on, Lights on. Voltage on the main battery.
View attachment 10417
Key off, lights off. 12 volt power switch on. Voltage on Aux battery.
View attachment 10418
Key on, lights on, 12 volt switch on.

The horn trigger is wired to the ACC. Main power comes from the PDM relay.
All the other switches (except the winch in/out) are triggered off the 12 volt power switch. Main power coming from the PDM.
Dual meters will help me notice if there are any charging issues.
I have the 2 gages lie u for the battery voltage I was worried that they might be to bright at night time do u have any input on that yet?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Noob for sure, but can you explain the need for the Tiger Tail? Sorry for the thread derail.
to pull out all the rzr's that are stuck and makes it so it wont take long to do it and u wont have to wrap up a muddy tow rope!!

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I have the 2 gages lie u for the battery voltage I was worried that they might be to bright at night time do u have any input on that yet?
Can't say if it will be bothersome or not. Only been out late a couple times so far, but it wasn't very dark out. Won't be till late fall when it starts getting dark again.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
to pull out all the rzr's that are stuck and makes it so it wont take long to do it and u wont have to wrap up a muddy tow rope!!
Been working great so far. Pulled each of my buddies out at least once. Drug the Ranger crew out 7 miles one one trip. Pull a Toyota Tundra about 200" thru a mud hole. Been pulled out by a Rancher and I was stuck pretty good.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does it ride any harder or feel less stable? I'm really wanting a fix too

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!