P500 All P5 Owners..Show your Best Pic...for::WillB

M

mercert1

Aug 25, 2017
Westminster, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Good call on replacing the tires first thing.
Oh yeah! factory dinky donks are almost throw away tires! I put them up on craigslist for $100 for the set! going Saturday to a friends farm in Eastern Colorado to get some gentle hours on her and play in the mud if someone has been irrigating! Wont take it into the high country for awhile as it is too hard on a new motor to punish it where there is little air!

T

TXBubba

Mar 11, 2017
Mansfield, TX
Ownership

1. 500
26x9x12 front, 26x10x12 rear. I was concerned about going over 50" wide but both front and rear are still short of 49" with these new tires. $470 shipped to my door off eBay!

Good to hear! Those are the size I'm planning to put on. I sold my ATV so now I have some funds to reinvest

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Here are a couple from today's ride. Looking for moose no luck but it was a nice ride.

IMG 1114 IMG 1123

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I think you are right HGH. Is that a recent picture and could you get across from Taylor Park to St. Elmo? We were there in July and right around the bend it was still snowed in. A nimrod in a Razer tried to get through from the St. Elmo side and almost rolled in down that mountain. We told him at least with all the snow the RZR fire would go out quickly.

RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
There is a great Fall ATV ride out of St. Elmo called the "Six Pack". It goes over 6 mountain passes, Hancock, Tomichi, Black Sage, Waunita, Cumberland and Tincup. About 70 miles long, takes a few hours. I did it last year. Take extra gas just in case.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
There is a great Fall ATV ride out of St. Elmo called the "Six Pack". It goes over 6 mountain passes, Hancock, Tomichi, Black Sage, Waunita, Cumberland and Tincup. About 70 miles long, takes a few hours. I did it last year. Take extra gas just in case.
That is the ride we were going to do in July but the snow had different plans.

H

HGH

Oct 9, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I think you are right HGH. Is that a recent picture and could you get across from Taylor Park to St. Elmo? We were there in July and right around the bend it was still snowed in. A nimrod in a Razer tried to get through from the St. Elmo side and almost rolled in down that mountain. We told him at least with all the snow the RZR fire would go out quickly.
We were up there August 26th this year. It was clear all the way but lots of water on the trail. We started in St Elmo and even took the "hard route" coming back up from Tin Cup. We started early in the morning and had the trail to ourselves, by afternoon there was a bit too much traffic. We normally stick to 50" trails to avoid the rental jeeps and speed junkies in there 60 mph buggies.

advertisement
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
We were up there August 26th this year. It was clear all the way but lots of water on the trail. We started in St Elmo and even took the "hard route" coming back up from Tin Cup. We started early in the morning and had the trail to ourselves, by afternoon there was a bit too much traffic. We normally stick to 50" trails to avoid the rental jeeps and speed junkies in there 60 mph buggies.
If that hard trail is the one that I have been on I don't think hard is the word for it. I would say a b**** of a trail is more fitting. We found a trail north out of Taylor Park that no one had been on in a long time and I now see why. It scared me and I am fearless.

3D13

Oct 1, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum today but I am a seasoned Pioneer 500 owner having mine since August of 2014. Seeing that I've had some time to make some modifications I figured I'd share a few. The first picture is the day I brought it home but after that it was uphill all the way!
IMG 2824
IMG 0009
IMG 0008
IMG 0057
IMG 0058

Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 55269 View attachment 55270 Thanks! They are almost a necessity with the snowblower I have sticking out front....
Welcome to the forum! That is outer limits cool! Did you fab all of that? How fast does the machine go on the tracks? The enclosure looks amazing. I noticed the diamond plate on the trailer too. You do that too?

Last edited:

3D13

Oct 1, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
I did build the snowblower. The machine only does about 20-25mph on the tracks because I'm going from turning a 27" tire to a 15" track gear. Thanks for the props on the enclosure! I enjoy doing things like that. Unfortunately I can't take credit for the trailer, it was my uncle's trailer and he bought it that way.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I did build the snowblower. The machine only does about 20-25mph on the tracks because I'm going from turning a 27" tire to a 15" track gear. Thanks for the props on the enclosure! I enjoy doing things like that. Unfortunately I can't take credit for the trailer, it was my uncle's trailer and he bought it that way.
I've been real curious about the track systems, do they kill the power, or is it still able to hit the rev limiter easily in 5th gear? Steering heavy? It looks like it could climb a tree, or pull one down for that matter!

3D13

Oct 1, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
I've been real curious about the track systems, do they kill the power, or is it still able to hit the rev limiter easily in 5th gear? Steering heavy? It looks like it could climb a tree, or pull one down for that matter!
5th gear isn't an issue for power unless you're in any amount of snow or mud. Much harder to steer as I don't have power steering. It's not so bad when you're moving but is still a little more difficult. It has all kinds of power with the tracks on but it is a very rough ride on hard ground. It also is much less fuel efficient when using them!!

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
5th gear isn't an issue for power unless you're in any amount of snow or mud. Much harder to steer as I don't have power steering. It's not so bad when you're moving but is still a little more difficult. It has all kinds of power with the tracks on but it is a very rough ride on hard ground. It also is much less fuel efficient when using them!!
I have power steering and suspension mod, and I'm going to add an auto-locker to the front diff. I don't imagine you loose traction with the tracks very often, so the auto-locker might not play nice with the tracks. I've wanted to do some snow trips, and thought the tracks might be the answer- but that's a lot of money to play a couple times a year in the snow.... I live in Southern MD, so I'm hard pressed to come up with a good excuse to buy the track system. Hey, a dozer blade to grade the driveway! Just thinking out loud now.....:rolleyes:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!