Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah... really. We were hoping to buy a house in the next year. AZ home prices have exploded.

My 5.5x10 trailer has needed to be redecked for a while now, and I smartly waited until lumber skyrocketed. Now it's probably cheaper to just buy another trailer.

The real sad part is that there's that many idiots willing to pay 2 and 3 times regular prices. That's what's blowing my mind. When you have 330 million people, I guess anything goes as the wind blows.

Reactions: J80
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The biggest dealer around me, Southern Honda Powersports, has a grand opening in a new Chattanooga location next week. It will be curious to see if they have inventory.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Watched a deal the other day about "why the shortages".Very interesting that there is no one reason,but many that one may not consider.Who would have thought that getting hold of shipping containers was a problem.That is happening for several reasons.China got back to business before us.The ports in California were backed up with all the incoming goods,ships sat a week or more waiting to come in,lack of workers to unload ships,containers backed up there because of a truck driver shortage,and now there are not enough empty containers to go around.Just one of many things happening to cause our shortages.I think the "wood" thing was because of poor calls on projected new home sales.Our computer chips all went to play stations and ect..LoL

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Watched a deal the other day about "why the shortages".Very interesting that there is no one reason,but many that one may not consider.Who would have thought that getting hold of shipping containers was a problem.That is happening for several reasons.China got back to business before us.The ports in California were backed up with all the incoming goods,ships sat a week or more waiting to come in,lack of workers to unload ships,containers backed up there because of a truck driver shortage,and now there are not enough empty containers to go around.Just one of many things happening to cause our shortages.I think the "wood" thing was because of poor calls on projected new home sales.Our computer chips all went to play stations and ect..LoL
There are a few thing going on in Taiwan that has caused a microchip shortage.

China burned down one of the facilities and also a drought is being blamed.

Either way, the microchip shortage is a main contributor.

I hear Ford is having to store loads of F150's that are done, all except for the electronics.

I have also heard that Gavin Newson has a hand in this, shutting down railroad shipping.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500

That is correct about the shipping container shortage. I just bought a used one from the same dealer I purchased one from about two years ago. Probably had 25 or 30 to choose from at that time. The price had gone up $600, and he only had two left. He did not know when he would get another shipment, but he did know that the price would be going up another $600 to $800

Reactions: J80 and Bigtee
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The real sad part is that there's that many idiots willing to pay 2 and 3 times regular prices. That's what's blowing my mind. When you have 330 million people, I guess anything goes as the wind blows.
If the mfrs figure out what we're willing to pay, prices could go knutz and this 'event' will show them. :(

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ordered my 520 in February, every month the expected delivery gets moved back, sounds like I am not alone ☹️
Dealers here are not even taking deposits anymore, they figure by the time it comes in, people have spent their money elsewhere.

Reactions: ChadD and J80
Mini Trail Mark

Mini Trail Mark

Jun 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
My local dealer is a “Powerhouse” dealer, only selling Honda stuff, they claim they get preferential treatment from Honda, and get orders filled first, over multi brand dealers.
Anyone know if this is the case? Heard of this?

Reactions: ChadD
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My local dealer is a “Powerhouse” dealer, only selling Honda stuff, they claim they get preferential treatment from Honda, and get orders filled first, over multi brand dealers.
Sounds like a bunch of bull to me.

Reactions: ChadD
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Yeah it's a thing. Largest volume dealers around MI are US-27 Motorsports and Honda East in Maumee OH. though. Those are the two I'd call.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah it's a thing. Largest volume dealers around MI are US-27 Motorsports and Honda East in Maumee OH. though. Those are the two I'd call.
Only chitty thing about US 27, the last two times i drove by going to camp, there cupboards where bare but with just a few poo poo’s on the lot.

Reactions: trigger
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Only chitty thing about US 27, the last two times i drove by going to camp, there cupboards where bare but with just a few poo poo’s on the lot.
They are all in the same boat.

Reactions: Remington
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
My local Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki dealer had nothing, nothing, on their showroom floor besides some china scooters. I asked if it was sales or supply and they said supply. They just can't get anything. Motorcycles, 4-wheelers sxs's you name it. There aren't any.

Chrysler in Belvidere IL hasn't made a Jeep in months and wont be "through the 4th of July".

• Sad
Reactions: CID and Jerryg
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My local Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki dealer had nothing, nothing, on their showroom floor besides some china scooters. I asked if it was sales or supply and they said supply. They just can't get anything. Motorcycles, 4-wheelers sxs's you name it. There aren't any.

Chrysler in Belvidere IL hasn't made a Jeep in months and wont be "through the 4th of July".
There are reasons for this and unfortunately, it's intentional.

Reactions: Farmer
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I had one on order at a local powersports honda dealer for 3 months. The week before we were going on vacation to Colorado, I called the dealer and asked if there was any hope to get it before we left. He said my ship date was now June 29th. It was suppose to be here on May 15th.

I got luck and found the dealer in Glenwood Springs CO had just got one that was not spoken for. Bought it over the phone in a couple of hours.

We had a great time riding it around the mountains and I am so glad I got it when I did. It has made my summer way more fun and productive...but really expensive.

Rob

Mini Trail Mark

Mini Trail Mark

Jun 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 520
Well after 4 months and 8 days, my Pioneer 520 Camo arrived today! So nice, but what a wait 😬
Been running around the property this afternoon, love it , Honda quality cannot be beat, had thoughts of switching to brand X, glad I waited, but it was hard.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Well after 4 months and 8 days, my Pioneer 520 Camo arrived today! So nice, but what a wait 😬
Been running around the property this afternoon, love it , Honda quality cannot be beat, had thoughts of switching to brand X, glad I waited, but it was hard.

A camo 520 and no pics?!

Boo, sir. Boo.

Just kidding. Kinda . . . ;)

Enjoy!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!