P1000 any one with a p1000 with a reverse issues

Aksnowhawk

Aksnowhawk

Aug 30, 2018
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
So I have almost 5000 miles on my p1000 it has 4" portals 30" tires and have had very few issues until this weekend.... out of the blue it now skips and jumps out of reverse... checked all cables and engagements . looking for a exploded view of tranny.

Reactions: Neohio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Aksnowhawk
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I have almost 5000 miles on my p1000 it has 4" portals 30" tires and have had very few issues until this weekend.... out of the blue it now skips and jumps out of reverse... checked all cables and engagements . looking for a exploded view of tranny.
If I'm backing up a steep hill, mine makes a loud "bang" sound upon throttle. I imagine it's the splines overrunning each other. Hasn't gotten any worse or better so I'm runnin it! (It has done this since new and hasn't gotten any worse)

Aksnowhawk

Aksnowhawk

Aug 30, 2018
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
If I'm backing up a steep hill, mine makes a loud "bang" sound upon throttle. I imagine it's the splines overrunning each other. Hasn't gotten any worse or better so I'm runnin it! (It has done this since new and hasn't gotten any worse)
Thank you for the reply... but my 1000 will not even back in the garage.... it's bad
Thank you for the reply... but mine will not even back in the garage .... its bad

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@riverratcadillac
He's at RRB this weekend with a handful of us. He's running with no reverse and plans on tearing it apart when he gets home. I'll tell him about this post and I'm sure he'll get involved with this conversation as soon as he can.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't trust reverse in these things I went to the woods the other day and had to back up a little incline and it made me wonder if it was going to make it or break first and I am talking bout just trying to back up a couple of feet didn't make and noise just jumped i was afraid to try and push it to see what it would do

Reactions: Aksnowhawk
riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your not the only one with out reverse mine made a loud pop and nothing now it was on flat ground no shavings in oil im in process of tearing it down i believe it ia a shift fork and will confirm soon as i can

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got mine back together is wasn't the reversed gears was the clutch dog portion they were rounded and wouldn't grab also found that annoying chatter sound that would go away if dropping a gear it was the connector between the sub and trans had come apart and was just barely hanging g in there

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I just got mine back together is wasn't the reversed gears was the clutch dog portion they were rounded and wouldn't grab also found that annoying chatter sound that would go away if dropping a gear it was the connector between the sub and trans had come apart and was just barely hanging g in there

Can you elaborate on that chapter sound and fix

riverratcadillac

riverratcadillac

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2017
lafollette tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My machine just cruising had a chatter sound and if reed way up disappeared I had to do some work in sub trans when I removed it the adapter in between was in pieces the clip holding it together was broke no longer have that chatter sound might be worth taking a peek
Can you elaborate on that chapter sound and fix

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pictures of the damage, or it didn't happen.
Note to self... Any and every time my P-1K has any problems whatsoever, be sure to audio and video record them and then upload full documentation of said problem to hondasxs.com or else be accused of lying about machine's problem. Got it. Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!