P1000 Any suggestions?

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What did you use for reverse lights? Can you get a length of wire and apply power to them direct from the battery to see if they work? Then work backwards with a test light or voltmeter (@Russ989 ) and see where it stops working.
Finally got around to trying your suggestion @PistonHonda, light worked. Thanks. Next will be to check the connections I tried using the blue connectors on. Do that another evening. Did get headlight bulbs swapped with LEDs, easy and it made a difference. Color matches small light bar. At least that’s done.

6F9A7EC6 DD06 4870 8C32 C1B46E416452

D

Deleted member 3748

Finally got around to trying your suggestion @PistonHonda, light worked. Thanks. Next will be to check the connections I tried using the blue connectors on. Do that another evening. Did get headlight bulbs swapped with LEDs, easy and it made a difference. Color matches small light bar. At least that’s done.

View attachment 135281
Glad I could be of help. Should be easy troubleshooting from here. :)

Reactions: Mudwing
Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok fellows, still stumped. Using the factory reverse alarm wire harness to power a reverse light. Worked for months til I tried to wire in key on for volt meter for second battery. Thought place I tried to originally splice in below fuse block for meter was culprit. Removed blue squeeze splice I left and reconnected wires. Still no light. I orginially ended up buying one of the mini fuse adapters with power wire an powered volt meter, leaving blue squeeze splice in place. All of the second battery accessories use a silinoid with toggle switch to cut on. Every thing works but reverse light. Ran temp wires to battery last night, straight wired, an light works. Just not when connected to reverse harness. Stumped. Last resort could straight to another switch but that’s a lot of trouble verse reverse powering light.....

D

Deleted member 3748

Ok fellows, still stumped. Using the factory reverse alarm wire harness to power a reverse light. Worked for months til I tried to wire in key on for volt meter for second battery. Thought place I tried to originally splice in below fuse block for meter was culprit. Removed blue squeeze splice I left and reconnected wires. Still no light. I orginially ended up buying one of the mini fuse adapters with power wire an powered volt meter, leaving blue squeeze splice in place. All of the second battery accessories use a silinoid with toggle switch to cut on. Every thing works but reverse light. Ran temp wires to battery last night, straight wired, an light works. Just not when connected to reverse harness. Stumped. Last resort could straight to another switch but that’s a lot of trouble verse reverse powering light.....
I think you just have to get in there with a test light and see where it fails.

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you check all of the other fuses? Are you sure that the wire didn’t pull out of the back of the fuse panel? The blue splice clips that pierce the wire insulation are a very poor way to splice a wire. Make sure that the wire is in tact in the area of that splice. Do you have power at the 12 volt accessory plug in the dash?
Bingo @rlutech no power to 12v accessory plug. Bypass wire at bottom of block that may have pulled loose an connect to mini fuse adapter I used where original fuse was?

Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, update. Removed blue splice and respliced wires. Reverse light an 12v accessory port, nothing. But volt meter still comes on with key on power. Out of desperation removed fused adapter in picture, it powered main battery volt meter, popped fuse back in an bingo. Reverse an 12v port work. But now no key on power to volt meter for main battery. So spliced in volt meter hot wire where I removed blue squeeze splice and reverse light doesn’t work. Removed an reverse light works. I straight wired volt meter to main battery an it works, but of course stays on constantly. Where I am, reversed power wires to volt meter, aux reads on main and I can cut it off when cutting power to aux accessories via toggle to selnoid. Reverse light an 12v port work. Just no key on power to second volt meter display. I’m stumped.......shout out to @elkaholic

05FE2D55 F3AE 49D9 A9B9 DE605CCCF175

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!