Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Don't get me wrong, I also want some sort of IGR and 32's but haven't decided which IGR to go with.
Are there choices already? I’m only aware of the one the Morris brothers are allegedly working on, and Zach I believe, who was a forum member for a hot second and essentially run off because of being nasty, isn’t anyone I’d want to work with.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Your welcome, I just saved you thousands of dollars, much of it already at my expense, experience and hours of testing :)

Also, don't bother with any exhaust systems unless you want to make noise and spend time repacking the ones with batting in them. The stock exhaust dynos out near as good (within a couple of HP's) as any aftermarket exhaust up to about 170 HP.
No plans for exhaust, thank you!!!!

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Are there choices already? I’m only aware of the one the Morris brothers are allegedly working on, and Zach I believe, who was a forum member for a hot second and essentially run off because of being nasty, isn’t anyone I’d want to work with.
Not sure who "Zach" is. Choices that I am aware of are...
Gear Reduction Boss (Jeremy and Danielle Lee). IGR before the transmission so it reduces everything 25%.
COPS (I believe this is the Morris Brothers). IGR in the Sub Trans and reduces Low 28% and Reverse 31%

Currently with 30's above 5,000 feet, Low is marginal and the higher gears in High really suffer and the snap/pep is drastically reduced. Going with 32's in the future so I plan to go with Reduction Boss and reduce everything (unless I hear something bad before then).

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Zach is COPS, he's one of the Morris brothers.

• Wow
Reactions: PaulF
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
The SXS Blog Guys are soon to have a video on this subject, maybe install, dyno! Who knows what those guys are going to bring, I'm staying tuned.

Reactions: Hometeam
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
The SXS Blog Guys are soon to have a video on this subject, maybe install, dyno! Who knows what those guys are going to bring, I'm staying tuned.

I saw that too! I am interested/excited to see there progress with it!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Not sure who "Zach" is. Choices that I am aware of are...
Gear Reduction Boss (Jeremy and Danielle Lee). IGR before the transmission so it reduces everything 25%.
COPS (I believe this is the Morris Brothers). IGR in the Sub Trans and reduces Low 28% and Reverse 31%
Yeah, COPS is the Morris brothers and Zach is one of them. Using your information I’m going to call Boss....👍

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I would like to also point out some issues we enocuntered.

Head/cam return took almost a month instead of the week they said it would.
The current cam they are using did not require new springs and retainers (not sure if customers bill was lowered to reflect)
They claimed it did not need heads studs without a turbo (suppose to be included in the price customer was given, again I don't know if they dropped the price to reflect the change)
The head was suppose to ready to bolt on, but they didn't shim the intake valves for clearance, so that took added time as well. Also no included info on valve clearance (we shimmed/adjusted to stock) Also one original shim was missing
No head gasket included (again was suppose to be included in the price)
Mixed up our head with a new head someone else shipped (even though we placed a copy of the P.O in the box with our and customers name on the invoice)

The porting and cam looked great and the unit ran amazing, but their customer service and communication sucked. Which is typical of small companies who havent sold stuff to the publice for very long.

In contrast, RaceCoUSA has been pretty good about getting back to my GM with any questions and orders he's placed.

I would suggest if you plan on getting the Hess upgrade done, then make sure your getting everything they stated. Because with the upgraded retainers, springs, head studs, and pistons the package is over $3K. I don't believe this includes a PV3 either, their just emailing you the tune for the head/cam upgrade. So add another $400 for that and you can't use it on any other machine unles you pay DynoJet more money for each additonal vehicle. Plus the HMF exhaust they recommend for another $900 and your in turbo territory.

The more business I do with Hess the more it seems they are doing things "seat of the pants" style. I called and inquired about the head/cam and piston combo, and after talking to Sean and Glen a few times about it I decided to hold off on buying that stuff from them. Your posts just convinced me I made the right choice.

The pistons, valve springs and +1mm bigger Kibble White valves (not offered on the Hess Head) can be bought from:

The guy doing the porting for Hess:

Cam is from Daniel Crower Racing:

This is the route I'm taking with the motor work on my car.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
Nauti1826

Nauti1826

Dec 29, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon x4
The more business I do with Hess the more it seems they are doing things "seat of the pants" style. I called and inquired about the head/cam and piston combo, and after talking to Sean and Glen a few times about it I decided to hold off on buying that stuff from them. Your posts just convinced me I made the right choice.

The pistons, valve springs and +1mm bigger Kibble White valves (not offered on the Hess Head) can be bought from:

The guy doing the porting for Hess:

Cam is from Daniel Crower Racing:

This is the route I'm taking with the motor work on my car.
The Jackson racing turbo is the only way to go. The tunes I was referring too was Jackson released new tunes after the original ones to deal with the higher elevation isssues. I have no problems climbing at elevations and I have an AFR gauge and boost gauge installer. It’s Not running rich, in runs perfect. I will also add I was at the dunes and smoked all the can am turbos and Polaris turbos. The pic below Was at 11,585 ft clearly it was up hill to get there

6E5FAA87 125B 430E B9F9 A98C36243E6D

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Jackson racing turbo is the only way to go. The tunes I was referring too was Jackson released new tunes after the original ones to deal with the higher elevation isssues. I have no problems climbing at elevations and I have an AFR gauge and boost gauge installer. It’s Not running rich, in runs perfect. I will also add I was at the dunes and smoked all the can am turbos and Polaris turbos. The pic below Was at 11,585 ft clearly it was up hill to get there

View attachment 228380

I have no doubts the Jackson turbo kit is bad ass but I have no use for one of those. I built my car to specifically race in a naturally aspirated class. I can do anything I want to the motor other than forced induction. Higher compression pistons, better flowing head/cam and custom tuning on race fuel are really my only options as of now. A stroker kit would be nice but im not holding my breath for one to hit the market anytime soon.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

View attachment 228380
What does Jackson’s turbo run and what was installation like?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
New tune has been great at all elevations. And I live in Colorado and don’t run stock tires. AFR has been spot on. Who wants stock anything????? People always looking to complain about something unreal

View attachment 226936 View attachment 226937 View attachment 226938
Looks like you have the EVO slip on exhaust. One of the things that had me hesitant to pony up for the turbo is the stock exhaust requirement for the tune to work properly. At least that’s what Jackson and others say. Did you need to do anything special with the tune? I didn’t fix my machine up to put the stock Honda generator exhaust back on if I drop 5K on a turbo. I’m running the EVO now

Nauti1826

Nauti1826

Dec 29, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Looks like you have the EVO slip on exhaust. One of the things that had me hesitant to pony up for the turbo is the stock exhaust requirement for the tune to work properly. At least that’s what Jackson and others say. Did you need to do anything special with the tune? I didn’t fix my machine up to put the stock Honda generator exhaust back on if I drop 5K on a turbo. I’m running the EVO now
Nope just plug and play with the tune no issues

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!