P1000m5 Anyone have regrets?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yall have me convinced. once the 700 is gone ill be getting the 1000. probably a 2016 to save some $$$.

Might even do a Green base model and get panels to match it. so i can be unique

Love that i can have my girls in the back and my son backled in right next to me. also the doors being higher is nice to have. plus all the other features
If you wait until the 2018 plans come out, the deals will most likely keep getting better. If or when the Sport comes out the P1000 will probably go for a lot cheaper. I have a feeling the used market will be flooded with them.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you wait until the 2018 plans come out, the deals will most likely keep getting better. If or when the Sport comes out the P1000 will probably go for a lot cheaper. I have a feeling the used market will be flooded with them.

Don't wanna wait too long and the 16's be gone and only full price 17. I'm also not patient haha

Reactions: sharp and Corona1
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Don't wanna wait too long and the 16's be gone and only full price 17. I'm also not patient haha
Understandable. I'm anxious to see if they resolve the problems with a new model. So far they haven't convinced me that they are truly solving the issues. I don't want to be dependent on warranty work. I want the warranty to be like an insurance policy. Right now there is no way I'd want a 1000 without a warranty, on the other hand I'd be totally fine doing that with a 700.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Contact Dan Powers Honda in Elizabeth town ky
Steve would like to sell me a new 1000, but I use my 700 on the farm and reliability is imperative to me. Would love to have a 1000 but so far the 700 has been bullet-proof. Many people buy these as play toys, but my horses don't eat in the winter if it breaks unless I haul a round bale out there with my tractor.

J

JTW

Understandable. I'm anxious to see if they resolve the problems with a new model. So far they haven't convinced me that they are truly solving the issues. I don't want to be dependent on warranty work. I want the warranty to be like an insurance policy. Right now there is no way I'd want a 1000 without a warranty, on the other hand I'd be totally fine doing that with a 700.
I am NOT buying the extended warranty.. it's fine! You'll know pretty quick if you're going to have an issue.. plus, I can do the work myself with parts for what the warranty will cost!!

J

JTW

Steve would like to sell me a new 1000, but I use my 700 on the farm and reliability is imperative to me. Would love to have a 1000 but so far the 700 has been bullet-proof. Many people buy these as play toys, but my horses don't eat in the winter if it breaks unless I haul a round bale out there with my tractor.
You need to ride mine.. you'll be surprised. We just use the tractor and round bales..

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am NOT buying the extended warranty.. it's fine! You'll know pretty quick if you're going to have an issue.. plus, I can do the work myself with parts for what the warranty will cost!!
ive been halfway debating that. At $800-$1000 for extending it an extra couple years. That amount would also push me from the Deluxe to the base model.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I guess I don't have any regrets but these things are NOT the best machine Honda has ever sold. There are more ' 'issues' with these machines then any other Honda I can think of. It is sad to see as I've always thought highly of Honda. I think they should have done a bit more testing and refining before they started selling them.
I hate to put my stamp on this but it is said fairly accurately. I truly love my 1000 and am working a couple kinks out but coming directly from the 700 is tough. I really believe the 700 is the MOST dependable machine available however I believe the 1000 is the most dependable 1000. Can't compare the two on most levels really but sheer dependability 700 wins. That being said no regrets here either! Wish I could have both though as well as a 500...someday

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
ive been halfway debating that. At $800-$1000 for extending it an extra couple years. That amount would also push me from the Deluxe to the base model.
@JTW is very correct here. Most with problems that may continue tend to show up early on and warranty can be purchased 364 days after sale. Parts are fairly cheap and only one issue really is showing up. IMO.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I hate to put my stamp on this but it is said fairly accurately. I truly love my 1000 and am working a couple kinks out but coming directly from the 700 is tough. I really believe the 700 is the MOST dependable machine available however I believe the 1000 is the most dependable 1000. Can't compare the two on most levels really but sheer dependability 700 wins. That being said no regrets here either! Wish I could have both though as well as a 500...someday

More dependable than the P5? The platform for the 500 has been a Honda staple for years. I've never owned a 700 and have only heard good things about them but the MOST dependable? Guess we'll see in twenty years or so.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
My thoughts exactly @CumminsPusher. I like a lot about the 1000 and I've almost jumped to it multiple times. However, I keep circling back to how dependable my 700 is. I have no doubt Honda will get better at making SxS's. We sometimes forget how new they are to this game. Compared to other brands they are an infant. That being said for what they are I think they already have the best in class SxS. I truly hope they iron out the issues and listen to the customers. When I feel comfortable with another product they put out, I'll definitely be in the market. Until then I plan to ride the under powered Ole Red into the sunset. I will say though, my right foot does twitch to go faster and I'm not sure how long I can deny it. Sorta like an addict Lol.

J

JTW

More dependable than the P5? The platform for the 500 has been a Honda staple for years. I've never owned a 700 and have only heard good things about them but the MOST dependable? Guess we'll see in twenty years or so.
I would have to agree with you... weight and power are big factors in the longevity of these machines. But with that said I would think a 700 might have an easier life due to its purpose!

J

JTW

My thoughts exactly @CumminsPusher. I like a lot about the 1000 and I've almost jumped to it multiple times. However, I keep circling back to how dependable my 700 is. I have no doubt Honda will get better at making SxS's. We sometimes forget how new they are to this game. Compared to other brands they are an infant. That being said for what they are I think they already have the best in class SxS. I truly hope they iron out the issues and listen to the customers. When I feel comfortable with another product they put out, I'll definitely be in the market. Until then I plan to ride the under powered Ole Red into the sunset. I will say though, my right foot does twitch to go faster and I'm not sure how long I can deny it. Sorta like an addict Lol.
NIKE!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That damn auto in the 700 is pretty solid. Never had a 500 but after being on here long enough I do believe the 700 to have a very slight advantage. I beat the holy s*** out of ours and other then steering controls it took it like a champ! Our previous 1000 was very good too! There are differences in the 1000's shifting I sure felt that this last weekend as I drove 6 different machines and rode in many more. Even spent time with the 500 finally (very fun btw) That trans in the 700 is hard to beat for reliability. I've got a feeling the 500 is somewhat different from machine to machine as well. All are very good over all.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And honestly, if I have the same issue I'm going to going the same route you and @Eltobgi did!
So far so good! They felt soft for a second at one point, I was very concerned as I know that feel oh too well and I even said something to Joey and SXS but they did came back. Stock would've been done I promise. 250 miles at RRB in mine driving the way I did and holding is a step forward.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So far so good! They felt soft for a second at one point, I was very concerned as I know that feel oh too well and I even said something to Joey and SXS but they did came back. Stock would've been done I promise. 250 miles at RRB in mine driving the way I did and holding is a step forward.

What is this in reference to? Tires? Shocks?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!