P1000 Anyone running a stereo by Rockin Radio

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking at this stereo on ebay for sometime now and I am thinking about pulling the trigger. The seller has a ton of positive feedback. That being said I never had a stereo in my SXS before. I do want an overhead unit so when I sell down the line I can remove it easily, plus I just feel its more protected. Here is the link to it, any feedback appreciated.
Honda Pioneer 1000 Overhead 4 X High Output Speaker Stereo Syetem | eBay

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like it should crank! The only thing I don't see spec'd is some RCA outputs to possibly add a sub or second amp later.
Thanks for that info, I'm looking for something simplistic but that has quality to it. Don't think I would ever be adding a sub to it. DO you know by chance if the components they list are quality? I know a lot of guys run other brands such as SSV Works which seem to be priced similarly.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like a decent system. I just went and looked up the SSV Works for the P1k and it looks pretty BA. Appeared to be around the same price, looks a little nicer IMO and they make quality stuff. I have one in a P5. Their radio reception sucks though.

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like a decent system. I just went and looked up the SSV Works for the P1k and it looks pretty BA. Appeared to be around the same price, looks a little nicer IMO and they make quality stuff. I have one in a P5. Their radio reception sucks though.
Thanks for the info I appreciate it!

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been looking at this stereo on ebay for sometime now and I am thinking about pulling the trigger. The seller has a ton of positive feedback. That being said I never had a stereo in my SXS before. I do want an overhead unit so when I sell down the line I can remove it easily, plus I just feel its more protected. Here is the link to it, any feedback appreciated.
Honda Pioneer 1000 Overhead 4 X High Output Speaker Stereo Syetem | eBay
I have that same system in mine and love it. had to change some of my roof brackets around but it was worth it.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had him build me 2 pods a front and back the thing is awesome. It has 8 speakers and 2 amps, one front and one back.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!