P700 Anyone with a rear bumper?

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got a 700 pio I want to build a rear bumper for and was wondering if anyone has purchased/built one? If so snap a pic of the brackets! Bed frame is the only place I can see mounting it to if I want to keep the dump feature!

Reactions: Lady01
Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got a 700 pio I want to build a rear bumper for and was wondering if anyone has purchased/built one? If so snap a pic of the brackets! Bed frame is the only place I can see mounting it to if I want to keep the dump feature!
I contacted EMP about purchasing just their bumper brackets to use when building my own bumper this week. They said they sell the brackets alone for $60. They will have some in 10 days. They said you have to call them to place an order just for the brackets.
...not sure what I plan on doing yet. ..was going to build the bumper myself with a rectangular tube with recessed reverse/work lights and recessed area for license plate.

D

DcnWayne

Sep 6, 2021
Willis, MI
Ownership

1. 700-2
My best friend welded this up for me outa 2x2 & Unistrut. It's kinda low, but better than nothing. To do over, I'd cut a weld the 2x to raise.

IMG 20210907 120354899 HDR IMG 20210907 120306843 HDR

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be careful on trails with that setup. Any excessive upward force might twist your hitch. Happy trails. 😎
Agree,

Unless you are just driving in flat fields, maintaining departure angle is a consideration. With my "jack bumper", the tailgate opens, but I do have to remove the two hand nuts and jack to tilt the bed - takes a couple of minutes. Departure angle
is still good.
20210819 221858

SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I have a 1000-5 , I recently bought a kfi rear bumper and like it. Keeps the dump bed wasn’t terrible to install and was less than 150$ sent to my door. Made in USA. Maybe I could’ve done something less expensive if I made it myself but how much less ?? What’s my time worth ? Mistakes etc. From my POV was a great deal and is a nice unit. 6985451a1833fa008af6e3e442f3000b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Agree,

Unless you are just driving in flat fields, maintaining departure angle is a consideration. With my "jack bumper", the tailgate opens, but I do have to remove the two hand nuts and jack to tilt the bed - takes a couple of minutes. Departure angle
is still good.
View attachment 293664

What mounts and jack did you use? Think I may go this route bumper/jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What mounts and jack did you use? Think I may go this route bumper/jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mounts

48" Jack

Jack Cover

The mounts come with two sets of "U" bolts (shafts longer on one set for bigger tubes - short set fits 1.75"), my neighbor had some 2" diameter, 1/8" thick steel tubing. A short length of that, sawed in two lengthwise, made two reinforcement pads as I didn't want the U-bolts denting the roll bar tubing. Not saying it would, I just didn't want to find out.

The jack cover (or a cover of some sort) is necessary to keep dirt out of the mechanism.

I added the foam handle cover from stuff I had in stock. Don't know where I got it, but it's nice! Tight enough I had to put it on with compressed air (blowing around edge with air nozzle gets the foam to sort of expand and float on as you push.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!