ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We shoot clays, most ranges/clubs require guns be carried barrel pointing skyward. They usually supply carts but I've run out of gas/juice several times.

I have been trying to figure out how to carry 4 people and 4 shotguns with the roof on the P4.

Any bright ideas?

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
They make them for golf carts that mount to the floor. But not sure about 4 guns!
Does it have to be straight up and down? Or can it be at say a 80 deg angle.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
I would think you could mount something to the receiver hitch.?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Going to have to custom make one.
I envision it splitting the center bed divider above the air box lid and somehow hooking to the rear top roll bar holding 2 guns on each side.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought about using the Kolpin and bolting it to the center rail in the back.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I have the over head model and I'm not extremely pleased with it.
Problem is the rifle tends I move forward and is only supported by a small section of Velcro.
Also when the seat is wet from morning dew, I'll sit in my coushin and usually I end up wacking the rifle with my head.
The overhead model may soon end up on eBay.
I'm starting to follow interest in this floor model now!!

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
What about rack that went behind the back seats?
Could hold all 4 guns!
Now they would have to be at a 45 angle or something to count as "barrel towards the sky" requirement.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking about daberrys comment and making a box to go on a hitch carrier angled at about 65degrees so that its at enough of an angle the gun will pretty much lay where I leave it. Quick close latch, cushioning inside to keep from damaging the guns as they sit in there together and some sort of seal to keep dust and mud out. I can put shells on carrier as well. I took my shotgun and tried to sit in the back with it next to me, doesn't work too well.

Now to find the time to tinker

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!