P1000 Bent tie rod

B

Berk

Dec 29, 2015
Kentucky
Bent my tie rod on passenger side yesterday. Has anyone changed one yet? What kind of job am I getting into?

Reactions: DGann
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you lived in Alabama you could straighten it with your winch or by other means and it would be considered ok.

Seriously speaking though, I have not and I doubt that anyone has on a P1000 yet. They are probably all the same for all pioneers I would assume. So, maybe someone will come along and help.

B

Berk

Dec 29, 2015
Kentucky
If you lived in Alabama you could straighten it with your winch or by other means and it would be considered ok.

Seriously speaking though, I have not and I doubt that anyone has on a P1000 yet. They are probably all the same for all pioneers I would assume. So, maybe someone will come along and help.

Thought about bending it back but I figure it would eventually break and leave me stranded. I removed it and it wasn't too bad. Now to get a new one and reinstall.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm glad to hear it.

Please share your experience so it may help the next person that has the same mis-fortune.

Reactions: Samiam1286
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Bent my tie rod on passenger side yesterday. Has anyone changed one yet? What kind of job am I getting into?
Good luck finding one right now. If it's anything like the accesories it will be awhile before you can get an oem one. Might be straightening it even if you don't want to just to be able to ride for the time being.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Since you have it off you could straighten it in a press if you have one or know someone that does.

I still agree that replacing it eventually is the safest option.

How bad was it bent? How did it happen?

B

Berk

Dec 29, 2015
Kentucky
Since you have it off you could straighten it in a press if you have one or know someone that does.

I still agree that replacing it eventually is the safest option.

How bad was it bent? How did it happen?

Not bent too bad. Slid front tire into tree going around curve during a ride on New Years eve. I have one ordered should be here by Thursday of next week.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had it handled before anyone here could help.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
How is the tie rod connected to the power steering? I bent my passenger side when we broke thru the ice. Just want to get an idea of what is involved. Planning on pulling it off and straightening it out while I wait on a replacement.

advertisement
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Here is all kinds of information with pics.

Multi - Field Stripping a Tie Rod

Thanks for the link. Mine wasn't bent that bad. I ended up just loosening the jam nut and unscrewing the ball joint end. Figured out how the inner was attached and pulled it apart. Straightened out the rod in the press. I didn't realize there was a locking washer in there. I guess I'll be pulling it apart again.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
During the takeover ride this past weekend we came across a 800 Rzr with a bent tie rod. I loaned him tools to try and straighten it but it snapped on him. Glad you got yours figured out.

Reactions: joeymt33