Best Battery For Plowing

N

Northpoint

Aug 5, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have a 2021 Talon X Live Valve, the first year of use I had no issues with it starting. At the end of 2021 I had a winch and light bar installed, no lighted switches. Late Fall early Winter I had trouble starting it, and then it wouldn’t start at all. I jump started it, then tried to used the winch and it stalled. I placed it on a battery tender about 2 months ago And it will not turn over. The voyage is reading 12.6, but it will It turn over. My RZR is reading 12.6 volts and starts just fine. I‘m thinking bad cell… I live in the Northern Region, so cold temps are common. Thanks for any feedback NorthPoint!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2021 Talon X Live Valve, the first year of use I had no issues with it starting. At the end of 2021 I had a winch and light bar installed, no lighted switches. Late Fall early Winter I had trouble starting it, and then it wouldn’t start at all. I jump started it, then tried to used the winch and it stalled. I placed it on a battery tender about 2 months ago And it will not turn over. The voyage is reading 12.6, but it will It turn over. My RZR is reading 12.6 volts and starts just fine. I‘m thinking bad cell… I live in the Northern Region, so cold temps are common. Thanks for any feedback NorthPoint!
A plow winch pulls a lot of amps. If you don’t already you really should consider an isolated auxiliary battery for the winch and lights.

I also bet your light bar is pulling really hard on the battery if it’s a big light bar.

Likely your main battery is toast. Might show good volts but not have any available amps.

N

Northpoint

Aug 5, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. Talon X
A plow winch pulls a lot of amps. If you don’t already you really should consider an isolated auxiliary battery for the winch and lights.

I also bet your light bar is pulling really hard on the battery if it’s a big light bar.

Likely your main battery is toast. Might show good volts but not have any available amps.
Thank you that’s what I was thinking What would you recommend for a bigger better battery. Thx

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!