rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
No regrets with my Honda hard coat yet, search other posts. like the access to under the hood and easy on/off. Tight when cracked open, easy adjust tension by rotating cam lock handle. Wash it with pressure washer, then small squeege. Not much options when dirty on trails. Rubber bottom does put black stuff on hood.

View attachment 42188 View attachment 42189
Wat happened to the honda....name
center of window..on bottom
20160809 122954

didn't see that....on yours

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Here is my nearly a year old 200.00 hard coat windshield . Scratch free . If you use a little bit of brain when cleaning it , there is no issue .
Just don't practice a special kind of stupid . View attachment 42310
I think...it's those
cheesy u bolts holding it
on..but I'm sure that's wat keeps it from
scratching. ..
with u bolts holding on windshield. ..
Is how. You use your brain
IMO

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Here is my nearly a year old 200.00 hard coat windshield . Scratch free . If you use a little bit of brain when cleaning it , there is no issue .
Just don't practice a special kind of stupid . View attachment 42310
I ride in dirty..... dusty
desert...not black top
& lawn....so cleaning it
in..perfect conditions
don't really work...
out...in the field........
....little knowledge to those
who think...they know...with out
alot ass time in seat...
I got mine to use...not be 1st
in the pretty boy club...
just sayin

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I have a 2015 with the 2 piece 200 dollar from ebay Dabomb. Would buy it again and been on a year and a half and over a thousand miles. Does it have swirls from cleaning? Nope. Does it have micro fine scratches top to bottom? Yup, because of how I run the towel on it top to bottom. Does it affect vision? Nope. Good thread.

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2015 with the 2 piece 200 dollar from ebay Dabomb. Would buy it again and been on a year and a half and over a thousand miles. Does it have swirls from cleaning? Nope. Does it have micro fine scratches top to bottom? Yup, because of how I run the towel on it top to bottom. Does it affect vision? Nope. Good thread.
Swirls...are scratches. .
they all do that

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If a full windshield were scratched up as bad as my half shield is, it would be coming off, I'll trade some wind to the face to be able to see. I honestly see no need or practicality for a full shield 8 months out of the year. Unless it was stored outside with no cover, might keep some of the rain out.

Reactions: Eltobgi and 100Acre
MrP500

MrP500

Aug 13, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have one, so it may be a POS, but this is the one I was eyeing...pricey though.
Honda Pioneer 500 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield
That's the one I bought. It is a little pricey but it's very high quality and works very well. The only down side is it takes a couple minutes to remove the bottom portion of the windshield if you need to get under the hood. To me it was worth it because I got the best of both worlds. Full windshield, open part way as a vent and open all the way for max airflow.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish there were either a Consumer Reports version of SXS shopping or a dealership that had all the different windshields on display. Wish in one hand, Shirtz in the other....Whatever I get, it has to work with the Camo Bimini I had already ordered. Another concern I have is how well they seal against the elements around the edges. Something else I'm wondering is, many people's driving habits are in different environments so although each may have similar trail obstructions, some may have more detritus than others like riding in the rainforest-like conditions of the eastern or Pacific Northwestern US vs. dry western deserts or snow covered mountains, coniferous forests and frozen lakes or tundra. I totally value everybody's opinions and each are going to have both shared and personal trail experiences that help rate the equipment we buy for our machines. So making a decision to get a whole, half, folding, flipping, glass, or just foam filled glasses...it's a tough decision to make without ever having seen any of them in person. It's also a lot of money in the scheme of accessories. By the time all is said and done, I'm sure I will have quite a few extra $1000 sunk into this addiction. I definitely want a way to deflect wind, snow, rain and debris without sacrificing visibility or loss of visibility wether it's from mud caked and sun baked or from scratches as large lacerations or small swirly spirals. I may just wait a little longer and concentrate on tires, a winch plus building up the bed and so on. It's a bit overwhelming to the novice like myself, I'm hoping that when I do get one, that it'll be the best for my needs. Again, thank you to everyone for their feedback and your personal opinions, both past and future posts.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
No wonder yours scratched so bad, it's the non hard coat version. Not to say the hard coat doesn't scratch, but not as easily.
No..it's the hard coat....
some call um swirls. ..
which is micro scratches
in in the desert..,dust
wind....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I wish there were either a Consumer Reports version of SXS shopping or a dealership that had all the different windshields on display. Wish in one hand, Shirtz in the other....Whatever I get, it has to work with the Camo Bimini I had already ordered. Another concern I have is how well they seal against the elements around the edges. Something else I'm wondering is, many people's driving habits are in different environments so although each may have similar trail obstructions, some may have more than others like riding in the rainforest like eastern US vs dry western deserts or snow covered mountains and frozen lakes. I totally value everybody's opinions and each are gonna have shared and personal trail experiences that help rate the equipment we buy for our machines so making a decision to get a whole, half, folding, flipping, glass, or just foam filled glasses...it's a tough decision to make without ever having seen any in person. It's also a lot of money in the scheme of accessories. By the time all is said and done, I'm sure I will have quite a few extra $1000 sunk into this addiction. I definitely want a way to deflect wind, snow, rain and debris without sacrificing visibility or loss of visibility from mud caked and sun baked or from scratches wether large lacerations or small swirly ones. I may just wait a little longer and concentrate on tires, winch, building up the bed and so on. It's a bit overwhelming to the novice like myself, I'm hoping that when I do get one, that it'll be the best for my needs. Again, thank you to everyone for their feedback and your personal opinions, both past and future posts.

Mine seals...had to glue it on
better...but seals as good
as any other..windshield
out the......the clamps are
top of the line...roof...
Windshield. ..same clamps..
not a fan of u bolts...being
exposed. ..not a good look
for me....
IMO

Reactions: HP5NC and 100Acre
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
If a full windshield were scratched up as bad as my half shield is, it would be coming off, I'll trade some wind to the face to be able to see. I honestly see no need or practicality for a full shield 8 months out of the year. Unless it was stored outside with no cover, might keep some of the rain out.
I love mine...stays on..year round
....did the deflector one..wind hit me
right Inow the face....
everybody got there own deal

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Weather stripping also gives you away
...to hide your wires...if wanting power
in the cab....slide wires down stripping
....works out...tits..good clean look
on the install of accessories in the cab
/ roof....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!