P500 Best Full Windshield?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I use NUVOS, it's made for polycarbonate, Harley uses it on their windshields. Leaves it like new.
Caper

Reactions: 100Acre
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@100Acre , let us know what Honda does about the cracks. Tell them they have many customers watching for them to replace it free of any charges.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@100Acre , let us know what Honda does about the cracks. Tell them they have many customers watching for them to replace it free of any charges.
Thanks Mudder After three calls, they took it to mediation and they would only go good for half the price. Better than nothing, like they said the first two times. Honda's a big company, so getting anything is good, I guess. And they let me keep the one with the cracks. so I drilled the end of the cracks and that SHOULD stop the cracks. So when that one does finally crack across, I have a new one.
One thing I was going to post is does anyone know how far you can get to a tank of gas. I've never really checked. Reason I'm asking ,I might be going on a couple of long runs, around Cape Breton. It will be a good test for the drilled cracks, haha.
Thanks again Mudder.
Caper

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine had scratches, no cracks.RMATV gave me $100 gift card

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@Caper , here is a thread that may help on fuel mileage, like others said, I get about 25 miles, mostly 2nd and 3rd gear less than 15 mph on trails. P500 - 2015 P500 MPG Data Point #3 PS, guess I got you and 100acre mixed up on windshield comments, hopefully you got a complete new windshield and have an extra set of quick connect mounts, they are nice.

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Caper , here is a thread that may help on fuel mileage, like others said, I get about 25 miles, mostly 2nd and 3rd gear less than 15 mph on trails. P500 - 2015 P500 MPG Data Point #3 PS, guess I got you and 100acre mixed up on windshield comments, hopefully you got a complete new windshield and have an extra set of quick connect mounts, they are nice.
@ caper and @acre are close enough to confuse the two.

32lakes

32lakes

Jun 5, 2017
Star Valley, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R LV
Best windshield out there........Heavy duty Reynolds Wrap or Amazon.com : TOTALPACK - 20" x 1000 FT Roll - 55 Gauge Thick + Hybrid technology, 4 Pack. Stretch Moving & Packing Wrap. Industrial Strength, Clear Plastic Pallet Shrink Film Ideal For Furniture, Boxes, Pallets. : Office Products. Carry a roll with you, Wrap around the front bars. Best with a second person to help hold one end to keep tight and keep the wrinkles out. Not great for the higher speeds, but slower trail riding. Keeps the mud/water from slinging up on you. Gets dirty enough take it off and wrap some more. Like tear offs for your helmet. ......im just kidding

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Best windshield out there........Heavy duty Reynolds Wrap or Amazon.com : TOTALPACK - 20" x 1000 FT Roll - 55 Gauge Thick + Hybrid technology, 4 Pack. Stretch Moving & Packing Wrap. Industrial Strength, Clear Plastic Pallet Shrink Film Ideal For Furniture, Boxes, Pallets. : Office Products. Carry a roll with you, Wrap around the front bars. Best with a second person to help hold one end to keep tight and keep the wrinkles out. Not great for the higher speeds, but slower trail riding. Keeps the mud/water from slinging up on you. Gets dirty enough take it off and wrap some more. Like tear offs for your helmet. ......im just kidding

Had me going for a minute.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Let's say you're out in the woods and get caught in a heavy rainstorm and you have your family with you. It would be nice to have a small roll of saran wrap with you so you could make a quick shelter by wrapping it around the roll cage. I like the idea, not a permanent solution but still a good idea.

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Let's say you're out in the woods and get caught in a heavy rainstorm and you have your family with you. It would be nice to have a small roll of saran wrap with you so you could make a quick shelter by wrapping it around the roll cage. I like the idea, not a permanent solution but still a good idea.
I carry my P5...
cover..with me. .
at all times..has zipper for
drivers door access..

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I carry my P5...
cover..with me. .
at all times..has zipper for
drivers door access..

Hey now here's a thought! take your cover to a seamstress and have them put vinyl pieces for a windshield and both windows and then you'll have an instant cab you can just throw on anytime you need it.

Reactions: rocmar and maddmax
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hey now here's a thought! take your cover to a seamstress and have them put vinyl pieces for a windshield and both windows and then you'll have an instant cab you can just throw on anytime you need it.
HaHa...
has velcos slits for the..
...side mirrors as well...
I've used it twice. ..to ride
out a....storm...big raindrops
...size of a nickel...other was peasize
Hail..but worked

MrP500

MrP500

Aug 13, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
Is it much trouble to open hood?
I have the flip open windshield from Super ATV. It is a bit of a pain to get under the hood. You have to take off the small part of the windshield. It only takes a few minutes but it's not real convenient. You can check the coolant level by looking in through the front fender. I love the windshield overall. It has three positions, closed, partially open and fully open. It's hard coated inside and out and I haven't had any issue with it scratching. If you use your head when you clean it it'll be fine. Hose it off well then use a plastic cleaner and it's fine. If you're out on the trail and it gets covered with mud just open it. It's a little pricey but I really like it.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have the fold down from UTV Windshields and I really like it. I can open the hood no problem as long as the windshield isn't folded down. I also like the small piece across the top, I believe I will tint it and it will act as a sun visor as well. Have had it since April and no problem with scratches yet.

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the Super ATV flip out windshield. Very well made, no problem at full speed and the windshield open. Been through a lot of branches and twigs and no scratches yet. It's held on by very well made plastic moulded clamps with brass inserts. I carry an Allen key if I ever need to loosen the lower clamps to open the hood. Just have to accept the fact that under hood storage isn't an option with this windshield. I'd buy it again.

Reactions: MrP500
NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
Have to clean the plastic ones
....with this SPECIAL Mico
fiber cloth. .blah blah blah..
I did it..for first yr...still scratches
I noticed that you have a 2500 lb Warren winch. Is that sufficient for most use or would you recommend a larger one? Thanks

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I noticed that you have a 2500 lb Warren winch. Is that sufficient for most use or would you recommend a larger one? Thanks
Only used twice...
mine is also mounted
lower...I'm in the desert
...guys in wet areas..mount it
higher..to help keep dryer...
and easier access....
actually..warn winch....is a medium
grade winch...and would...ask around
for other guys opinion. ..how they
like wat they have...I'm not gonna
recommend. ..garbage.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!