Brake light wires

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Haven’t been on here for a while,how you all doing?I got into wiring side by sides for turn signals, I make up my own harnesses using 4 wire trailer harness and don’t use any of the factory wiring harness.I have done about 15 so far all different makes and models.I wired up 4 pioneer 1000’s.One of them called back and wanted to know if I could wire the rear signals into his brake lights with the lights I installed in the rear.Before I tell him to bring it to me I was wondering if each brake light is on its own wire or if they are both on same line?
Thanks

Reactions: ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Under the bed of the p1k 16-2021.
There is a 6 pin connector.
There each light has it's own wire.
Ground. Tail. And brake.
But I'm sure they are sourced from the same spot.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: iowaguy
H

HondaTech

Under the bed of the p1k 16-2021.
There is a 6 pin connector.
There each light has it's own wire.
Ground. Tail. And brake.
But I'm sure they are sourced from the same spot.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

They are fed by a single wire up to that connector.

Isnt there a company making a turn signal kit for Talons that uses the oem rear lights for signals? Im sure the Talon is set up the same way, fed by 1 set of wires and splits to each side somewhere.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They are fed by a single wire up to that connector.

Isnt there a company making a turn signal kit for Talons that uses the oem rear lights for signals? Im sure the Talon is set up the same way, fed by 1 set of wires and splits to each side somewhere.
Ha! Now the Wizard is thinking!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!