mechanical parking brake

D

DJReynolds

Feb 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-5
Are there any do it yourself kits for a mechanical parking brake? can not be hydraulic or a brake pedal holder.

its a 2021 p1000-5 , a hillbilly brake cannot work in michigan. has to be a mechanical. D3 customs has a market, they don't sell the kits, they will install them. I like to do my own maintenance but i might not have a choice.

Last edited:
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
you need to post pics of your machine, list what model, and miles - we like pics and you could also be asking for a friend, we need to be sure

what are you exactly looking for? a disc assembly with a drum on the inside for a mechanical e-brake?

no known kits that I am aware of.......

I do have some red bricks with "Honda" painted on them for sale as well if you are interested, no covid19 manufacturing delays

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about this then?

51FDDDDE 6FAC 460A 8FDA ECB87BE31659

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
you need to post pics of your machine, list what model, and miles - we like pics and you could also be asking for a friend, we need to be sure

what are you exactly looking for? a disc assembly with a drum on the inside for a mechanical e-brake?

no known kits that I am aware of.......

I do have some red bricks with "Honda" painted on them for sale as well if you are interested, no covid19 manufacturing delays
I stand corrected:eek:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Are there any do it yourself kits for a mechanical parking brake? can not be hydraulic or a brake pedal holder.
Welcome Fellow Stretchen Gretchen sufferer!

Post #9 is what you want!

Also, No Pics from you yet!
What rig do u have, Miles and mods and pics! Or big Gretch will threaten to lock us down again! 🤣
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome Fellow Stretchen Gretchen sufferer!

Post #9 is what you want!

Also, No Pics from you yet!
What rig do u have, Miles and mods and pics! Or big Gretch will threaten to lock us down again! 🤣
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Hey, Remi, you're in Michigan - are you plated? How did you get around the mechanical parking brake regulation? I'm going by memory, is that even a requirement? (can't use the vehicle's hydraulic system, it has to be mechanical, like a car parking brake)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey, Remi, you're in Michigan - are you plated? How did you get around the mechanical parking brake regulation? I'm going by memory, is that even a requirement? (can't use the vehicle's hydraulic system, it has to be mechanical, like a car parking brake)
Negative ghost rider!

Im not plated. In Michigan, our Gov braches have turned heavily lib run By The Radical environmental left starting 4yrs ago to currant and a Big Rhino 8yrs prior to that. The secretary of state although Id H&D it 🤣 is as bad as the Radical Gov. With that picture painted the rules in place by these folks to plate a sxs is Ludacris at best. You almost need to equip it with air bags and swap the motor with an electric and believe me if there was a way, they'd make it happen!

As for a parking brake, it has to be a separate “disc” brake with its own mechanical mechanism from the cab to activate it. So a Hillbilly brake wont work for this unfortunate. Thats just for starters. We had a member that hasnt been on in some time that was determined to street leagal his. If my China Joe memory serves me correct 🤔 he was almost $5k deep by the time he had it to pass and get plated. Stupid as fuc imo. All gone to the Radical Left Government of Michigan!
Now everyone knows a small sample why I call it the Putrid swamp Goverment of Michigan.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with you Rem on the state of our state. However, the strict rules for street legalizing a SxS is not entirely due to the Michigan legislature - blame Polaris as well.

Friend of mine has inside contact with motorsports dealer association and he said that he was told that Michigan was one of 6 states that Polaris was doing heavy lobbying in to make it very difficult to street legal a SxS. Reason- Polaris wanted no part of the liability once someone had a head-on in a RZR to a semi. Polaris wanted rules wrote into Michigan's "built vehicle registration" law that made it almost impossible to street legal a SxS.

Now, I might catch a lot of flak from you guys on this, but I feel this is a great law. Think about it- all the vehicles on the road today with their safety systems and driver assist crap that has turned people into non-drivers. Throw a SxS into traffic now with a flimsy plastic body and a roll-over protection that has not been crash tested with cement barriers or cars. Count me out! Besides that, go north of St. Johns, MI (imaginary east-west line in the state) and with an ORV sticker, you can practically drive a SxS anywhere in northern MI., except M-highways, US highways and Interstates. Sorry, but my P5 would never keep up with traffic anyway.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!