mechanical issues affecting purchase

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
My neighbors new rmax broke a pistol ring at just over 500 miles. Warranty but they can’t get a new engine due to all of the supply issues. However the dealer did loaned them a used RZR that was traded in just so they have something to use. All mechanical things can break. Just a matter of when.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My neighbors new rmax broke a pistol ring at just over 500 miles. Warranty but they can’t get a new engine due to all of the supply issues. However the dealer did loaned them a used RZR that was traded in just so they have something to use. All mechanical things can break. Just a matter of when.
That is an Awesome show of customer service tho. A dealership picking up the slack. Dealers are the true heroes when it comes to brand manufacturers.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
All machines have weaknesses/problems. More you read and research, the more you will find. I think seals leaking is from being overfilled lots of the time. Both mine leaked a little when new, but stopped and never replaced seal. I put 600 on my first and I'm at 1500 miles on 4 seater without any issue yet. Tack on the caps if worried. Swap shift gate/and or run Royal Purple in subtrans. This fixes most the common issues.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I can't bring myself to spend $20,000 on a product with all these known issues.
Yea, I was driving my 3 week old 2021 P1K5 down the road and it just fell apart:

2021 11 29 194658

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will. Our local shop is backed up so I just make sure I am going faster than or slower than 28-32. I have heard drive line slop and a few other things But since I have the warranty, Ill let them chase it. Still wouldn't change a thing : )

Man, shutting off the Teryx was always needed to keep sane. On a few of our spots its a good 3-4 hour drive in and that constant drone and db was unreal. We would run foam ear plugs under our shooting headphones. Only plus side is it kept everyones mouth shut from complaining about the ride : )

I purchased my teryx during winter and post Polaris so at the time I was just desperate for something that doesn't break every 20 minutes. The heat was a non issue, and actually a plus until spring came. Then I realized how HOT it actually was. I was really not using it much for 6 months a year so changed things up. Also, I got one just before they did the hail marry suspension upgrades and nicer seats.
Said I'd follow up.
Just had my 2021 P1K-5 LE in and out of the shop, primarily for an oil change, but I asked them to look into the rattle.
They drove it and heard the rattle. They checked a laundry list of front-end things, found nothing wrong, and said it was logged under warranty, didn't seem mission-critical, and to keep putting on the miles. The shop note stated that it only appeared as the thing was about to shift. I'd have a better description: the rattle does not happen under steady acceleration nor engine braking. It does seem to appear when riding along.
I know it's better to find and resolve a problem, but I'm okay with the response so far.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!