Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree with you Rem on the state of our state. However, the strict rules for street legalizing a SxS is not entirely due to the Michigan legislature - blame Polaris as well.

Friend of mine has inside contact with motorsports dealer association and he said that he was told that Michigan was one of 6 states that Polaris was doing heavy lobbying in to make it very difficult to street legal a SxS. Reason- Polaris wanted no part of the liability once someone had a head-on in a RZR to a semi. Polaris wanted rules wrote into Michigan's "built vehicle registration" law that made it almost impossible to street legal a SxS.

Now, I might catch a lot of flak from you guys on this, but I feel this is a great law. Think about it- all the vehicles on the road today with their safety systems and driver assist crap that has turned people into non-drivers. Throw a SxS into traffic now with a flimsy plastic body and a roll-over protection that has not been crash tested with cement barriers or cars. Count me out! Besides that, go north of St. Johns, MI (imaginary east-west line in the state) and with an ORV sticker, you can practically drive a SxS anywhere in northern MI., except M-highways, US highways and Interstates. Sorry, but my P5 would never keep up with traffic anyway.
I agree, SxS's & Mopeds don't belong on interstates or busy hi-ways, now from trail head to trail head I can see it as long as it's a secondary hi-way.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree with you Rem on the state of our state. However, the strict rules for street legalizing a SxS is not entirely due to the Michigan legislature - blame Polaris as well.

Friend of mine has inside contact with motorsports dealer association and he said that he was told that Michigan was one of 6 states that Polaris was doing heavy lobbying in to make it very difficult to street legal a SxS. Reason- Polaris wanted no part of the liability once someone had a head-on in a RZR to a semi. Polaris wanted rules wrote into Michigan's "built vehicle registration" law that made it almost impossible to street legal a SxS.

Now, I might catch a lot of flak from you guys on this, but I feel this is a great law. Think about it- all the vehicles on the road today with their safety systems and driver assist crap that has turned people into non-drivers. Throw a SxS into traffic now with a flimsy plastic body and a roll-over protection that has not been crash tested with cement barriers or cars. Count me out! Besides that, go north of St. Johns, MI (imaginary east-west line in the state) and with an ORV sticker, you can practically drive a SxS anywhere in northern MI., except M-highways, US highways and Interstates. Sorry, but my P5 would never keep up with traffic anyway.
Dropping some knowledge right there.
The one thing a UTV has that most cars don’t is a driver that’s paying attention.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome Fellow Stretchen Gretchen sufferer!

Post #9 is what you want!

Also, No Pics from you yet!
What rig do u have, Miles and mods and pics! Or big Gretch will threaten to lock us down again! 🤣
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Man you’re a stickler for the rules!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Man you’re a stickler for the rules!
Iffn it wasn't fer Sheriff @Remington there'd be like 6 photos on the whole site. Everyone of us is afraid of the YUGE fines levied, soz we post lotsa pitchers to avoid them. :p

Here's my tithe for today -

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Gotcha, so I'm curious about what Remington has done to be Michigan legal if he is?
I haven't. Ijust have a Hillbilly brake just cuz I wanted one for other things. Cost too much and too much red tape to be street legal here. If I need to ride the roads at my cabin, I just ride the shoulder like I'm allowed to as long as it's not a highway or an M/state road. You can ride where u want on dirt roads

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'd like to go street legal just to stick it to the Fedaralies, there's thousands of acres of Hiawatha National Forest just to the East of us but the trails are only open to "Street Legal vehicles".

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I haven't. Ijust have a Hillbilly brake just cuz I wanted one for other things. Cost too much and too much red tape to be street legal here. If I need to ride the roads at my cabin, I just ride the shoulder like I'm allowed to as long as it's not a highway or an M/state road. You can ride where u want on dirt roads
That makes since. Mississippi doesn't even recognize sxs's as streetable which is fine with me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!