P1000 Breckenridge in November?

S

stephengraves

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2020
Garfield,AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next week we are going to Breckenridge for a week. I see several rental options for SXSs for the “summer months” and snowmobiles for the “winter months”. Seems like the snowmobile rental really starts around December, and also it seems like the snow is starting later this year. I say all of that to ask, would there be places to ride my 1000-5 near there, or is the snow already too deep? Would it be worth pulling my SxS 12 hours?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
A few points -
1. Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. #beers
2. Breck is at 9500 feet altitude and everything will be up from there = potential for brutally cold temps. But it's early enough that the deep freeze days are yet to come.
3. We're already covered in snow up there but it's early so it will be soft, not enough free/thaw cycles to crust up yet.
4. If you can get anywhere, it'll be a winter wonderland / beautiful. But I snowmobiled for 25 years, am a cold wimp and don't care if I never see another snowflake. I'm new to SxSs and quite enthusiastic but you won't catch me out in the snow, ain't happenin'. 🥶
5. You'll have to trailer virtually anywhere, Colorado isn't very OHV friendly. There are exceptions like Silverton where we're welcome.
6. And the rulz are - pics or it didn't happen. :cool:

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My limited experience out there tells me that its going to be tough to get around if the snow is very deep. Like CID said its probably pretty soft. Put some tracks on that beast and you will have a blast!

Reactions: TxDoc
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Next week we are going to Breckenridge for a week. I see several rental options for SXSs for the “summer months” and snowmobiles for the “winter months”. Seems like the snowmobile rental really starts around December, and also it seems like the snow is starting later this year. I say all of that to ask, would there be places to ride my 1000-5 near there, or is the snow already too deep? Would it be worth pulling my SxS 12 hours?

Too funny, I was just reading your post... I suppose I am similar to you, begin discussing a "known" place. I read it twice then looked at your profile... Just an FYI, we have a place here in michigan called Breckenridge... small community big world.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!