Budget friendly spare tire mount

Jon M

Jon M

Aug 29, 2021
Phoenix AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Here is a custom spare tire mount that Factory UTV fabricated for me. I wanted to keep the added weight of a spare tire low and make the spare tire easily accessible and also retain some storage space in the bed. I started with this mount: Single Clamp Spare Tire Mount - Customizable - Factory UTV. Called Factory UTV to place the order and asked them to fabricate the mount with a 9.5in long straight tube and a 2in clamp.

To install the mount, I had to cut a small hole in the rear plastic (see picture). The mount clamped onto the rear roll cage tube where the left and right sides are welded together. A little bit of excess weld material needed to be ground off the tube to make the clamp fit around the tube. Otherwise the install was easy.

If you are looking for a budget spare tire mount that keep the spare tire low, I highly recommend this one. You can even change the angle of the spare tire to suit what you think looks best.

IMG 0105 IMG 0107 IMG 0108 IMG 0109 IMG 0118 IMG 0119 IMG 0121 IMG 0123 IMG 0125

S

Supe1

May 16, 2022
NE Cal
Ownership

1. Talon R
I almost did something like this on the passenger side to offset the driver weight a little, but a 32" would not fit vertically.
That is a 28 and it just barely fits. When I go to a taller tire I'll need a new plan. But, it works well and only cost about 125.

Reactions: TxDoc
C

Candis

Supporting Member
May 9, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon R4 LV
That is a 28 and it just barely fits. When I go to a taller tire I'll need a new plan. But, it works well and only cost about 125.
Where did you get the attachment to hold the tire on?

Reactions: TxDoc
S

Supe1

May 16, 2022
NE Cal
Ownership

1. Talon R
Where did you get this spare tire mount? what size is the tire? Is it a stock front tire for the Talon?
It's a stock front from Tusk, I swear it looks a little bigger. The mount is from a Can-am site. I'll look it up when I get back to my computer. I was worried that the single attachment wouldn't be secure, but I have several hundred miles of rough roads on it and it hasn't budged.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!