Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sleeping, storage, carrying fuel, tools and spares. I've been pricing ready built cargo trailers today. 2k for a 4x6 seems stupid to me when I can build one my way for well under 500.
Under 5 bills??? Can I get in on that?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll be right along with ya tram, I'm starting a micro camper build soon to tow behind the Honda for my cross country trip. I hate tents. I'll be going smaller a bit though. Lol. I'm using a harbor freight 4x8 cut down to 6 ft or so.
You are planing on a cross country trip in your pioneer?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Under 5 bills??? Can I get in on that?
Harbor freight 4x8 trailer cut down to 7 ft, bout 220 with 20% coupon. Roughly 200 in raw material, I already own the mattress and some interior materials. It will probably cost me another 150 to outfit it with fuel cans, heat, ac and such.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Harbor freight 4x8 trailer cut down to 7 ft, bout 220 with 20% coupon. Roughly 200 in raw material, I already own the mattress and some interior materials. It will probably cost me another 150 to outfit it with fuel cans, heat, ac and such.
I'll check out that HF trailer. The cross country trip sounds very cool. How long will that take, do you have a route planned, what time of year???

Reactions: moparornocar
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Yes. West Wisconsin to northern Idaho. So far a solo trip, nobody thus far stupid enough to commit to coming along.

Use to have a home on Chippewa flow age in Sawyer county. How long is that trip gonna take? Maybe next year we can ride! I now live by Janesville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: moparornocar
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have seen many of these type of gooseneck rigs. ( just sold my rock crawler) only problem is your toy is exposed to the weather and eyeballs that are loking to ruin you trip!
So thats why in going enclosed. Being in South Texas im thinking trips to Tennessee, Arizona, Colorado and maybe Idaho in my future. Also staying in motels while traveling to and from. Dont think the wife is going to go for more than 3 to 4 days at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Tramguage1 i see your point about it being enclosed. I definetly wouldnt want to spend the night in a hotel with the toys on an open trailer out in the hotel parking lot. Things could grow legs and walk off.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll check out that HF trailer. The cross country trip sounds very cool. How long will that take, do you have a route planned, what time of year???
2 weeks roughly, starting first or 2nd week in June of 18. I have most of the route planned. Lots of county highways and dirt roads. Still working out the atv trail portion of it. I will be registering the machine in South Dakota which will make me street legal in every state but my own. Fortunately there are atv trails to take me all the way to MN. Load up and head over to the starting line!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use to have a home on Chippewa flow age in Sawyer county. How long is that trip gonna take? Maybe next year we can ride! I now live by Janesville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're taking a "short" 600 miler from gillett to copper harbor, MI this coming June. I'll be testing my new trailer.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Tramguage1 i see your point about it being enclosed. I definetly wouldnt want to spend the night in a hotel with the toys on an open trailer out in the hotel parking lot. Things could grow legs and walk off.
I towed to the takeover last year with my 16ft flatbed, didnt sleep much while on the way there and back.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
2 weeks roughly, starting first or 2nd week in June of 18. I have most of the route planned. Lots of county highways and dirt roads. Still working out the atv trail portion of it. I will be registering the machine in South Dakota which will make me street legal in every state but my own. Fortunately there are atv trails to take me all the way to MN. Load up and head over to the starting line!
I can't wait for that to happen. You'll have to post that trip!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!