moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Me too, but besides not having been invited, I don't know that mama would wait for me to come back. :D
Monte you are absolutely invited. The only potential issue I can see is the top speed of the 700. There will be a fair amount of time spend at speed on blacktop, so the ability to run 55mph is kind of important. You could always trade your two in on a 1k :)

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need more input on how to drive and which modes to use when

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stick it in auto and go. The machine knows what to do. If you are climbing a steep hill use low. The paddles are there mostly for fun imo

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would love shorter trip to Michigan. I have MS from Desert Storm and wouldn't want to slow down anyone

You are more than welcome to join us, no vet would ever be an inconvenience. We will gladly help you out along the trail.

Reactions: Tigermark
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will stock machine make this trip?

Absolutely. Mine is mostly stock now, I will be switching to a more long distance/towing friendly tire, but mechanically is as Honda built her.

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Absolutely. Mine is mostly stock now, I will be switching to a more long distance/towing friendly tire, but mechanically is as Honda built her.

Comforting coming from someone with your experience!

Reactions: moparornocar
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Not sure about experience, but thank you! I have faith in Honda reliability. The rest is just common sense.

Would love to meet up and ride with you in northern Wisconsin

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte you are absolutely invited. The only potential issue I can see is the top speed of the 700. There will be a fair amount of time spend at speed on blacktop, so the ability to run 55mph is kind of important. You could always trade your two in on a 1k :)
Thank you mopar!!! I didn't realize there was so much asphalt and high speed involved in this. I was picturing back country, gravel roads, trails, a county chip sealed road here and there and lots of camping by the fire at night. I'll just bring my Prius and tag along. :D

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Thank you mopar!!! I didn't realize there was so much asphalt and high speed involved in this. I was picturing back country, gravel roads, trails, a county chip sealed road here and there and lots of camping by the fire at night. I'll just bring my Prius and tag along. :D

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unacceptable. I don't suppose there will be a huge amount of asphalt. I'll be towing a trailer so maybe I'm being optimistic as to how fast I'll really be going. What's top end on a 700? I can guarantee you wouldnt want to do it in a 500. That would be misery

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll run over a Prius. Just letting ya know. Lol

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Unacceptable. I don't suppose there will be a huge amount of asphalt. I'll be towing a trailer so maybe I'm being optimistic as to how fast I'll really be going. What's top end on a 700? I can guarantee you wouldnt want to do it in a 500. That would be misery
I haven't maxed it yet, so I don't know, but I've heard 45. But I wouldn't want to drive for any length at all in any vehicle maxed out, not my tractor, nor my truck, nor my gas cart, nor my sxs. So no picturesque scenic route that we ease along enjoying the fantastic scenery that can be had between Wisconsin and Idaho, with watering hole stops, camp fires and a bonding with nature. This is about balls to the walls, covering as much territory as possible just to see if we can, while getting a spot on the evening news? :D

Reactions: moparornocar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'll run over a Prius. Just letting ya know. Lol
Lol, if we were facing each other, I don't doubt that. But at 80 mph I'm doing 53 mpg and I'd be waiting for you in Pocatello when you got there. ;)

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't maxed it yet, so I don't know, but I've heard 45. But I wouldn't want to drive for any length at all in any vehicle maxed out, not my tractor, nor my truck, nor my gas cart, nor my sxs. So no picturesque scenic route that we ease along enjoying the fantastic scenery that can be had between Wisconsin and Idaho, with watering hole stops, camp fires and a bonding with nature. This is about balls to the walls, covering as much territory as possible just to see if we can, while getting a spot on the evening news? :D
Well yeah, more or less. However I am planning a slow scenic route through Yellowstone. Never been there and I want to ride up to old faithful. I imagine I won't ever be running wide ass open, but I'll be running 10-12 hours a day at least. Plenty of drinking a little hiccup by the fire time.

Reactions: cschomber63
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol, if we were facing each other, I don't doubt that. But at 80 mph I'm doing 53 mpg and I'd be waiting for you in Pocatello when you got there. ;)

I've wheelied mine and that's all it would take to get on the hood to continue over it lol.
Not much for Prius but it's a Toyota and I sure wouldn't do that to a Yota

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've wheelied mine and that's all it would take to get on the hood to continue over it lol.

I won't be wheelieing mine, I'm not planning on putting g clutches in it before I need to rely heavy on it. I did run over a crown Vic with my rzr though.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The one I wheelied with never had clutch issues it was solid that way all it's life.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not much for Prius but it's a Toyota and I sure wouldn't do that to a Yota

Dude!!!!! For its size, believe it or not a very comfortable road trip car, drive all day long and then put ten gallons in it. You dissing my Prius too CP?? It could pull the trailer mopar will be pulling!!!! :cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, but... It's still a Prius. Lol
I'm on my second one, gave the first one to my daughter, she's in college and running the thing like kids do. It's got space shuttle miles on it! Very good dependable cars.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!