P1000 burnt clutches poll

Are burnt clutches going to a huge issue with all the pioneers or is it going to be an isolated prob

• Yes

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 54 78.3%

• Total voters
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Are burnt clutches going to be a huge issue with all the pioneers or is it going to be an isolated problem with a few here or there?
If u had to guess.
  • YES = problem
  • NO = isolated issues

Last edited by a moderator:
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I vote no.
This DCT has been around for a while. Honda has it figured out.
Most likely a internal part not up to specs.
An internal part not up to specs on all machines or just a couple of units. If all then a recall is in order? If just a couple then more than likely a installation issue on assembly line? I wonder if honda has or already had the fix and started implementing them in new builds and the only people having problems are the ones with early early units anyone tried to cross ref build dates with the people having problems? How many cases are there anyways? I hope this doesn't turn out bad and I have to say I am a true Honda fan and I believe in there quality

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An internal part not up to specs on all machines or just a couple of units. If all then a recall is in order? If just a couple then more than likely a installation issue on assembly line? I wonder if honda has or already had the fix and started implementing them in new builds and the only people having problems are the ones with early early units anyone tried to cross ref build dates with the people having problems? How many cases are there anyways? I hope this doesn't turn out bad and I have to say I am a true Honda fan and I believe in there quality
My build date was 9/15 and I got it on October 13th. I have 550 miles on desert trails rocky,sandy,hard pack you name it. I am very impressed with my machine. Checked oil and just as Gold as when I changed it. I have not experienced any shiffting issues as some have mentioned and I got one of the first ones in the state of Utah. I truly believe this is an isolated situation on some bikes. Time will prove my statement right or wrong.

R

Rippinnrarrin

Mar 17, 2016
Waycross
I've had my 1000 for a month with stock tires and it's done in the shop for the clutches slipping going into 1st 3&5 gear and pulsing bad in reverse , really like this machine so I'm hoping the fix the problem

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many times are you going to ask this same question

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it's isolated issue. And if turns out that it isn't, two words.....class action lmao

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had my 1000 for a month with stock tires and it's done in the shop for the clutches slipping going into 1st 3&5 gear and pulsing bad in reverse , really like this machine so I'm hoping the fix the problem
Thanks for sharing the info. Please keep us posted on your dealer's warranty service.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My build date was 9/15 and I got it on October 13th. I have 550 miles on desert trails rocky,sandy,hard pack you name it. I am very impressed with my machine. Checked oil and just as Gold as when I changed it. I have not experienced any shiffting issues as some have mentioned and I got one of the first ones in the state of Utah. I truly believe this is an isolated situation on some bikes. Time will prove my statement right or wrong.
I haven't pick mine up yet but got the VIN and it is ending in 000272 so was wondering about correlation of failures to build dates but was informed that there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

advertisement
B

BobW

May 18, 2016
mts of wv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't pick mine up yet but got the VIN and it is ending in 000272 so was wondering about correlation of failures to build dates but was informed that there doesn't seem to be a pattern.
I have to look at date and vin# but had my pioneer for 38 days and 248 miles on it. Called dealer today and he said "I'm the first and don't know if its under warrenty WTF

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to look at date and vin# but had my pioneer for 38 days and 248 miles on it. Called dealer today and he said "I'm the first and don't know if its under warrenty WTF
Don't know if it's under warranty?? Is he serious??

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Go to a different dealer he is full off shat

Reactions: Montecresto
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What is your machine doing or not doing that makes you ask about warranty service? The above is only your second post here and your first post contained nothing from you only quotes from others. We will be glad to help you but we can't read minds, only twitter limits you to 144 characters so please tell us what is going on with your P1K.

F

faulkner

Jun 6, 2016
conroe tx
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
mine in the shop for two months same thing no idiot light no one dealer want even admit there's a problem good luck

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
mine in the shop for two months same thing no idiot light no one dealer want even admit there's a problem good luck
@faulkner Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear your machine is down due to clutch issues. It has affected some of us including myself, but overall the percentage of machines failing is very low. The vast majority are running like champs. I can say once I got mine back it is 100 percent, I am perfectly happy with it. Hope you get yours fixed soon so you can ride. How many miles on your machine did you have when you first noticed the issue? Most that had an issue experienced it in the first 200 miles of use.

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@faulkner Welcome to the club! Sorry to hear your machine is down due to clutch issues. It has affected some of us including myself, but overall the percentage of machines failing is very low. The vast majority are running like champs. I can say once I got mine back it is 100 percent, I am perfectly happy with it. Hope you get yours fixed soon so you can ride. How many miles on your machine did you have when you first noticed the issue? Most that had an issue experienced it in the first 200 miles of use.
Mine failed within 16 hours. I bought the service manual for it and it goes into great detail about installing new clutch plates. If your clutch fails Honda replaces the whole clutch assembly including basket, you can't even buy clutch plates from Honda. All or nothing.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Where do you find build date, would be interesting to see if all the failed units build dates are close together?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I noticed I had dates written on the bottom of the cup holder inserts.. pretty accurate I belive
I was expecting something more complicated HA like vin # look up

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!