Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You are correct... I can’t be much help I don’t guess.
Nah you’re usually a lot of help with this stuff

Reactions: sharp
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does yours look like this on the back?

Back of bussman box

If so, it should not be hard to find it using your ohm meter and a wire probe or paper clip to search the fuse holders or relay block terminals.

The site has a good selection of pictures.

Concours Specialties

FredD

Reactions: Remington
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Bodenzord write up covers everything you should need in excess detail. I really like reading it when looking at options for my fuse/relay box and the accessories that I have on my machine.

Wow that guy is good. Something to aspire to on the next build. Wire it ALL at the same.

Reactions: ToddACimer
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that guy is good. Something to aspire to on the next build. Wire it ALL at the same.

That's the awesome part. Super clean install and easy to add more components as you go.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's the awesome part. Super clean install and easy to add more components as you go.
Right. Even if you didn't know what that switch/circuit/relay was going to be it has a plug ready to go when you decide later. He's using half the wires I would use to the dash switches in one 6 wire harness. Very clean.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right. Even if you didn't know what that switch/circuit/relay was going to be it has a plug ready to go when you decide later. Very clean.
Only bummer is running out of switches. Im full now but short one switch. I have a few double switches now. Up will be fan on down will be interior lights in first one. I don't expect to add much more but I might get another panel made without the volt meter.

IMG 20190124 190932

Reactions: JTW and OnTheJob
advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's some smart thinking there. I could not imagine trying to explain that to most.

Not everything needs to be on at the same time so it should work out. My alternative would be keep the interior light switch and put the switched ground for the reverse light opposite the fan. I'm probably one of the few that have a switched ground on the dash but I'm excited to have reverse lights and rear lights with my diode arrangement

Reactions: BWAF and JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only bummer is running out of switches. Im full now but short one switch. I have a few double switches now. Up will be fan on down will be interior lights in first one. I don't expect to add much more but I might get another panel made without the volt meter.

View attachment 105773
You might be able to add another switch to your current plate if you use the plastic mounts they sell. Usually lets you get the switches closer together.

Reactions: BWAF
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might be able to add another switch to your current plate if you use the plastic mounts they sell. Usually lets you get the switches closer together.
I'd have to cut out all the switch holes but I did consider that

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does yours look like this on the back?

View attachment 105114

If so, it should not be hard to find it using your ohm meter and a wire probe or paper clip to search the fuse holders or relay block terminals.

The site has a good selection of pictures.

Concours Specialties

FredD
Thanks Fred. Yes mine does look similar to that. Was going to take it out and check it but the way I have it mounted was a pain in the arce to remove it and with everything Else I have going on under the hood. I ordered some new relays and I’ll just switch them out and keep the old ones for emergencies. If that ends up being my only option,I’ll just have to take it out to Check.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!