P1000 Camoplast tracks

J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
I will be putting some Camoplast tracks on my Honda Pioneer 1000-5 this fall and would like to know the overall length of the Pioneer with the tracks. I have searched all over the internet and no one says for certain what the length is. I read "I think" or "should be". Does anyone know for certain what the overall length is so that when I buy a new trailer this summer, I get the right length. I would prefer a 12' drive-on drive-off trailer so that I can use that trailer for hauling my snowmobiles too. I only have room for about 20' in my shop and a 12' drive-on drive-off ends up being 19'. A 14 footer will be 21' and that is too long.

Reactions: BWAF
J

JohnyRingo

Apr 3, 2015
Here's some info I got from TracksUSA.com. The Camso 4S1 UTV track system will add 26.5" from center of front axle and 35" from center of rear axle. The Honda website has the wheelbase at 80.2". By doing a little math, the overall length "should be" 141.7" or 11.8'. A 12' trailer should work, especially one with a v-nose that will give it another 8-10" in the nose.

J

jac

Oct 31, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
The dealer had one with tracks I measured and I think it was 11’10 thats if I remember right. It was near 12 feet forsure

Marksir

Marksir

Mar 23, 2016
Montana
I will be putting some Camoplast tracks on my Honda Pioneer 1000-5 this fall and would like to know the overall length of the Pioneer with the tracks. I have searched all over the internet and no one says for certain what the length is. I read "I think" or "should be". Does anyone know for certain what the overall length is so that when I buy a new trailer this summer, I get the right length. I would prefer a 12' drive-on drive-off trailer so that I can use that trailer for hauling my snowmobiles too. I only have room for about 20' in my shop and a 12' drive-on drive-off ends up being 19'. A 14 footer will be 21' and that is too long.
I would avoid the Camoplast tracks, I have been around 4 sets of them and the do not last. They are cheaply built and can't take any kind of abuse. The tracks will not stay tight, the all plastic bogeys and drive wear very quickly even with mild use. Parts are not cheap, we had a hub bearing fail at work, causing the frame to fall off hub and leave us stranded 4 miles off the road. By the end of it, it was about the same cost to buy a new unit as to replace the broken parts.

Reactions: BWAF and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would avoid the Camoplast tracks, I have been around 4 sets of them and the do not last. They are cheaply built and can't take any kind of abuse. The tracks will not stay tight, the all plastic bogeys and drive wear very quickly even with mild use. Parts are not cheap, we had a hub bearing fail at work, causing the frame to fall off hub and leave us stranded 4 miles off the road. By the end of it, it was about the same cost to buy a new unit as to replace the broken parts.
Thanks for the heads up!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if there's a better set of tracks out there?

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you looked at these?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I worked on a project years ago where we tried to put an all season track on a vehicle.
There is a reason the military and construction stuff is so damn heavy.
When the track ingests a fist size rock at speed the bogie has to be supper heavy duty or the track has to have a dynamic tensioner.
Either heavy or pricy.

There are some systems that are supper simple and inexpensive.
Based on that they might be worth the hassle.
Dare I say it, popos 6x6 atv half track is one.
The track runs on the rear wheels.
You can throw the track turning sharp on hard ground, but they are relativly easy to to put back on.

When I see the atv track sustems I like to have a look.
They seam light duty to me (the ones I have seen) probably good for snow.
But if there is one that looks good let us know.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!