boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
I have some Carling V1D2 switched I want to use and for the life of me I can't figure them out. I have searched for wiring diagrams and can't seem to find one that works. The switch has 6 poles w/2lights. I know 2 is the input and 3 is the output. I cant figure out to wire for the lights. I want the bottom light on when SxS is on and upper light on when switch is on. Any one work 20170122 160917 20170122 160932 with this switch?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All I ever use is Mictuning 5 pin switches, I see that yours is 6 so I'm not certain that this will help you. "To light" is to any load. Wired like this the bottom light is on with keyed power if you run the "to battery" wire to your ignition harness, and then the top light comes on as well when you rock it to the on position.

I have some Carling V1D2 switched I want to use and for the life of me I can't figure them out. I have searched for wiring diagrams and can't seem to find one that works. The switch has 6 poles w/2lights. I know 2 is the input and 3 is the output. I cant figure out to wire for the lights. I want the bottom light on when SxS is on and upper light on when switch is on. Any one workView attachment 31551 View attachment 31552 with this switch?

Reactions: Remington
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You need a multi meter

Reactions: sharp
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
ground #7 and 8
connect +12 to #2 and jump to #10
connect accy. wire to #3 and jump to #8
I buy my switches with independant lights in them so I can wire them the way I want. the drawing is from one of the switches I bought which are 2 position switches but the pin #'s are the same on carling switches
20170122 185550 zpsvljwltnn

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks @allgm1 That's what I was looking for. Looks like what I thought that the lights are independent but what you put it should work out great. Other then ground is 7 and "9". If I'm reading it right. This is what my winch in and out is.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0674
I have one so I guess I need to learn how to use it. I've only used for checking OHMS
Here are few I have and I use this mode a lot. It has sound the beeps when you touch the probes together. You can check for bad grounds and touch probe on rocker to flip switch to allow you to see which way you need to wire them.I think the mode is continuity.

Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am a new owner of a 1000-3 and a 700-4. I am in the process of installing an 8 switch panel in my 1000-3. Making everything waterproof (after watching some Pioneer submarine videos). I am using a BlueSea Fuse panel and Hella relays with waterproof connectors. The relays are connected to a piece of plexi glass. The relays, the fuse panel and the ground block and power block will all fit in an 8" x 8" waterproof electrical box that will go under the seat. Everything will be run off the second battery. The switch illumination lights will be wires to some "key on" device so the lights will not be illuminated all the time. Everything else will be tied to the second battery so the vehicle doesn't have to be on for the light bars to come on.

I am attaching some documents that may be useful. They show how to physically wire the Carling switches. Also are some photos of the actual panel. I am also attaching a document that has links to where to buy the stuff I used. You need the "piggy back" connectors to daisy chain the switches together. I used some switch holders that snap together to hold everything in place, then that fits into the metal panel I had made. I am also installing the TRUE battery isolator and there are two volt meters displays that fit into the panel as well.

Switch Panel
Switch Panel 2
Back switch
Relays fuse

Attachments

• Honda_switch_panel_wiring.pdf
    165.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Pioneer switch panel.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: JTW and swsebek
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Thanks @allgm1 That's what I was looking for. Looks like what I thought that the lights are independent but what you put it should work out great. Other then ground is 7 and "9". If I'm reading it right. This is what my winch in and out is.
yep my bad , you should ground 7 and 9. rough day yesterday

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well tropic that looks sweet,looks like you have done this before

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Well I'm giving up on using the switches I have as it seems like the lights are not independent. I have ordered new switches with 5 poles and independent lights. I will be using all the answers and advice to wire up my switches.

Reactions: swsebek
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I'm giving up on using the switches I have as it seems like the lights are not independent. I have ordered new switches with 5 poles and independent lights. I will be using all the answers and advice to wire up my switches.

Hopefully I didn't scare you away from them. They are independent, but with allgm1's info you can make them work when you power up the switch. I wouldn't hesitate to use them with the info he gave.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
No not at all. I have a 12v battery and I tested all the combos that I could come up with and I can't get the light to light independently. I can get the bottom to light independent but not the top light with switch on.

Reactions: swsebek
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good. Let us know how it all turns out.

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
I was driving down the road and I had thought on the wiring. I turned around went back home and wired the switch like I was thinking......It worked, I feel like a dumbass I did not think to do it this way from the start. I had to just jumper the output + with the upper light. I have a new found confidence in myself.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad you got it figured out. Now to just get all the accessories, wiring, fuses, relays, second battery, and isolator installed. Simple as that and you should be done this afternoon so send pics. Just joking. If you need anything else let the group know.

Reactions: Tramguage1
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Almost all set. I should have this setup by Wednesday:

Universal Waterproof Fuse Box Relay Panel distribution Cooper Bussmann Off Road | eBay

I tried to cancel the new switches but they have already shipped an hour after I placed the order.
I'm sorry to hear that on the switches. There is always someone on here looking for some, so you might be able to part with them on here. If not you can always add more later. I'm thinking of having Mystic make me an additional switch plate. Never too many.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!