Multi Wiring accessories help

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Bought rigid d-ss cubes, KC cyclones and a backup/rear view camera. I need help with how I should be installing. I see the switch controller option and that looks good. What do you thing about auxbeam or rough country light controller? Need help cause I can’t seem to make sense of anything.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have u tried to search this and the controler your asking about? Theres a few threads on the controller And alot on many different ways to wire your stuff up. I have the Auxbeam controller in my Talon. Its the most easy way to wire up your accessories. Just buy it and there is very easy instructions how to wire it up. If you want to get more complex and loose some hair, do the other methods and search it. Heres just one of the Auxbeam threads Found in the search.

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
You're assuming he HAS hair. His username includes 'dad'. I'm betting it's thinning already. LOL. J/K.
True.
i did rush to post this because I’m stressed for time. I did search here, another forum and the web but those seemed to be in a different language. As you said buy it and follow the simple directions. That’s what I expected from the lights and camera but they basically say no more than “mount and connect”. 🤕

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
If I buy the auxbeam or similar product will I need anything else or will this product do everything I need to install and control my accessories?

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I bought the rough country 8 gang switch. Didn’t realize they were here locally so I went shopping. I got it installed but the key on part didn’t work for some reason. It just stays on. The circuit breaker has an off switch so that’s how I’ll deal with that for now.

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
In a different forum I was told I may have wired it wrong. The power doesn’t go off with the key. Going to bring it to work tomorrow so I can play with it and finish the install of the camera and lights. That way too I can take a pic to see if anyone can see where I went wrong.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It's most definitely wired wrong.
The little red wire is what we need to be looking at. It needs to be on either a key-on or switched source.
This is what controls the unit.

Key-on source will go on and off with the key.
Switched source you can control it but don't forget to turn it off.
I have both using a special switch.

Ok.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
This is the little red wire you speak of? The directions said to connect the white wire to the keyed on white/black stripe wire and the red goes to power source. So that’s what I did but I would like to follow your direction but just to be sure I understand here’s a pic. I’m about as ignorant as they come when talking wiring so please help.

Image Image

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You almost have it.

But the white wire is a dimmer wire. You don't really need this. It can be cut off.

Hook the red wire to where the white one is and your all set.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
F

Firedad

Jul 24, 2021
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Tomorrow I’ll post pics but I’m done for now. I installed upper doors, lower doors, glass windshield, rear windshield, and thanks to this forum and especially Hondasxs I’m now done with the 8 gang switch, KC cyclones for rear and side scene lights and rigid d-ss pods. Except for the money spent it’s been fun building this thing. Thanks for the help

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!