P1000 Carrying Fuel and Water

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a few fuel and water packs left over from the Rincon days, and figured a way to carry them. I picked up some of the stock "D" ring's and installed them in the tailgate, that and a ratchet tie and VIOLA. Thin enough to stack two tanks and still have the back seats up. No way that's happening with Rotopax.

These are the old Pioneer Outdoor Plastics brand that Kolpin purchased years ago and Kolpin trashed the entire Pioneer line with their own line of JUNK. You rarely see these nice tank anymore but I'm always keeping an eye open. 3.2 each, mix-n-match em'

20170831 103817
20170831 103838
20170831 103937
20170831 104342
20170831 115910

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a few fuel and water packs left over from the Rincon days, and figured a way to carry them. I picked up some of the stock "D" ring's and installed them in the tailgate, that and a ratchet tie and VIOLA. Thin enough to stack two tanks and still have the back seats up. No way that's happening with Rotopax.

These are the old Pioneer Outdoor Plastics brand that Kolpin purchased years ago and Kolpin trashed the entire Pioneer line with their own line of JUNK. You rarely see these nice tank anymore but I'm always keeping an eye open. 3.2 each, mix-n-match em'

View attachment 53034 View attachment 53035 View attachment 53036 View attachment 53037 View attachment 53039
That is cool! I've never even seen those before. Nice use of space.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is cool! I've never even seen those before. Nice use of space.

Oh man...10 or 12 years ago, Pioneer Plastics made some great stuff, at least out here in the west, they were an absolute leader in quality 4 wheeler stuff. Their cargo rack boxes were second to none and they had the whole system where fuel and water jugs mounted SECURELY to the box. Heavy gauge plastic that you could stand on...Then along comes Kolpin (direct competition)...buys them out, squashes their product line and fills the void with Kolpin junk...thin, cheap, and no innovation to adapt fuel and water. Kolpin is a real disappointment IMO.
Like a dumb ass, I sold my Rincon with some fuel and water cans, I've been heart broke ever since. I do have a couple left and I found another fuel cell in the classified just today and I'm gonna run and get it tomorrow.

I'm planning a couple of long late season trips soon and I'll need fuel and water for multi-night stays...

J

JTW

I've got a couple of the pioneer fuel cells from back in the 4 wheeler days... I sure like your water cell though!

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my first attempt at a spare/fuel carrier. Pretty simplistic but very functional. Obviously before I bought a tubing bender lol. Still have it somewhere lol.
IMG 20160409 150616250 1336x752

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!