Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wife is a lot like me. On our first sxs we didn't worry about as much but the more we did well you know. Anymore when I think about something she's always on board. As long as it's camping related I can get by with anything. If I ever asked for a sports car she'd kick my ass. Tools are replaceable. Understand I'm not complaining about that I'm actually excited because that helped a bunch! I had 3 guys trying to come over within 20 minutes but then again guess why it's a Honda! I know many of the people here feel the same way we do about the Pioneer it's whatever it takes. It's really become the vehicle around camp yet we were all dirt bike people. Can't imagine going without it anymore simple things become difficult. So ya I was bummed sorry that came out maybe I'm too open sometimes. It's crazy to me to see all of this it truly is a blessing to have such a rally
CP you don't ever have to be sorry for being who you are! I think all too often people try to be someone they are not...they try to be who others want them to be. So I say don't change be who you are and if people don't like it that's their problem. Just my two cents;)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
OK CP, here is your lottery ticket. See how you do towards that $141Mill.
View attachment 16672

Of course I need to work in some terms..
Terms are as follows.
If under $25 in winnings, I will reinvest.
Anything $25 to $5000 you keep it all.
Anything over $5000 = site will retain 20%, remainder will be split between those that donated.
Wish us all luck.
Well... Struck out just like every other time.
20, 27, 36, 41, 58 - 7

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 16690 View attachment 16691 View attachment 16692 View attachment 16693
Ok everyone last post with the old girl and very sad about it. I meant to get a pic with all of us with it. Everyone came over today and helped. Some friends and family brought oil some beer and a little food. It was weird like we were up camping almost but in the driveway. Kinda cool. They are all pitching in for my wife's 40th birthday she said all she wants is to be back up again how cool is that:):) anyway the Pioneer is now stripped and gone and just now realized why wheelies were hard. Lots of weight! Time to move forward but man we all loved it and that was showed here today!! I guess it'll be time to start another here but this one will be slow. I'll make sure not to post picks up close its going to have a few dangling wires for awhile. Up and going is all we care about now. Sometimes a replacement isn't the same but we'll be back going shortly. Goodbye bye bye side. You were great. We'll miss you.
It's hard to believe that you can fit all of that on a P1K5

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's hard to believe that you can fit all of that on a P1K5
Thats what I was thinking. I would like to hang out at his house one weekend when he decides to sort through and re-install.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thats what I was thinking. I would like to hang out at his house one weekend when he decides to sort through and re-install.
The ROPS wiring install would be interesting to watch! Or help with! I think about how much easier my wiring to the drivers side seat compartment would be if it were installed all at once!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well... Struck out just like every other time.
20, 27, 36, 41, 58 - 7
Damn lotto. Don't think I've ever got more then one number

Reactions: Stauvo
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The ROPS wiring install would be interesting to watch! Or help with! I think about how much easier my wiring to the drivers side seat compartment would be if it were installed all at once!
I'll do pics of that this time it really wasn't bad. The harness is a pain. We were in a bit of a hurry pulling that out and we'll be moving a couple things so pretty much everything is start over at least to a degree. We did color coordinate everything so that will help. This build was about three weeks of hard after work and weekends and everything had to go in at once I'm just not ready for that right now. But hey we'll be riding can't wait it seems like forever:)

Reactions: Stauvo and Eltobgi
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The accessory coverage varies state-by-state. In North Carolina the maximum for Geico was $1000.

Seeing as how I had $4700 parts plus labor I had around $7000 total. $1000 wasn't going to get it.

Progressive let you choose any amount you wanted. I chose $4000 I figured that was ample. And it was actually cheaper than Geico even though I have my vehicles and Homeowners ins with them. Very let down by Geico overall. But they said their hands were tied it's a North Carolina thing..

The hysterical thing is I logged onto the automatic system and the rates seem too high for me. On a hunch knowing how screwed up the world is, I started from scratch and the second time it gave me a cheaper rate. Thinking why stop there, I logged on a third time from scratch I got even a cheaper rate. I locked in and went for it.

Saved $150 a year by doing nothing more than repeating the same thing over and over!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The accessory coverage varies state-by-state. In North Carolina the maximum for Geico was $1000.

Seeing as how I had $4700 parts plus labor I had around $7000 total. $1000 wasn't going to get it.

Progressive let you choose any amount you wanted. I chose $4000 I figured that was ample. And it was actually cheaper than Geico even though I have my vehicles and Homeowners ins with them. Very let down by Geico overall. But they said their hands were tied it's a North Carolina thing..

The hysterical thing is I logged onto the automatic system and the rates seem too high for me. On a hunch knowing how screwed up the world is, I started from scratch and the second time it gave me a cheaper rate. Thinking why stop there, I logged on a third time from scratch I got even a cheaper rate. I locked in and went for it.

Saved $150 a year by doing nothing more than repeating the same thing over and over!
In this screwed up day and age...that almost makes sense lol

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's pretty smart. Who knew

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad everything is working out! Like all things it's just time and money! So, when they let you have it back to take your stuff off, the motor was out? I would have liked to seen it in there and done some more looking at all the points where water could have came in. You know just to give the clamps and everything a once over. But any way, you will have a real good understanding of how it fits together now! Good luck with the new build, looking forward to the new tread!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad everything is working out! Like all things it's just time and money! So, when they let you have it back to take your stuff off, the motor was out? I would have liked to seen it in there and done some more looking at all the points where water could have came in. You know just to give the clamps and everything a once over. But any way, you will have a real good understanding of how it fits together now! Good luck with the new build, looking forward to the new tread!
You know I wanted to spend time looking it over and planned to for sure as it was easy with motor out but even with a ton of people helping it took 6hrs to pull everything and I had to get it back to the dealer. Most of the intake was off so you couldn't see anything there. But yes it gave me a great understanding of everything. Made you respect how it's built a little as well. Did notice a couple areas in the frame took some abuse I think it's from towing heavy. It made me realize a couple things we will be easier on. Look on the corners of where the tubes meet on top pic bottom pic is where the motor wasImage

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm really glad you're back in the saddle! I can't wait to follow this new build. You've helped a lot of people out on the forum (myself included) and we'll never know how many machines this thread will save.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you @Tflynn i remember you were one of the first people I talked with here. If this saves one person that can't afford it happening, it'll be worth all said to try to prevent it. It'll sure make me feel better if I did help. This has made me feel weird about opening my life to everyone here but many feel like family now and if it deals with the Pioneer it will be on here

Reactions: Tflynn and Stauvo
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I met a new member today ( drfubar aka Don) and I suggested he do something to the stock intake. At very least run a hose towards the dash like hondasxs did. After what you went through, you'd be crazy to keep it stock IMO.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You musta given him a hand today:) he seems pretty cool. This seems such an easy fix I truly hope others do something and thank you for bringing it up it is not worth a possible issue I feel stupid I didn't address it sooner. Even though almost through starting over this far behind sucks. Good note...30min and counting

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher. CP! When i first found a Honda group is was not this one. It was the other one. Anyway when i found this one it just seemed more of a match for me. And never did i imagine actually making real friends. Lol! I mean that in a sincere way. Dont feel akward for opening up. Im so busy and doubt i will ever make it to a club ride but it's a dream of mine.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher. CP! When i first found a Honda group is was not this one. It was the other one. Anyway when i found this one it just seemed more of a match for me. And never did i imagine actually making real friends. Lol! I mean that in a sincere way. Dont feel akward for opening up. Im so busy and doubt i will ever make it to a club ride but it's a dream of mine.
Mine too stauvo! I tried the "other" site for a second. I'm glad to be here! Good people everywhere

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also was on the "other one" , but this forum is soooo much more exciting and helpful.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!