Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same question but then noticed that the back of the instruction sheet that came with the kit calls that male connector a "remote disconnect feature". Says that "when hooked up to the crank side (where would that be?) of your ignition/starter circuit it will immediately disable the isolator while the starter is being cranked. This eliminates back feed through the isolator and/or cables that might exceed the amp rating."

Instructions say that this is not required for the isolator to work, but my question: Is there any good reason to use it in our UTVs?

Thanks
Very interesting. Thank you for uploading the pdf for us.
This is a newer version than mine as well.
I can't think of a good reason to use it on a Pioneer.
Knowing this is universal for other machines, the manufacturer may have gotten feedback from other users requesting the update. Other machines may be more sensitive to this than our Pioneers.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Very interesting. Thank you for uploading the pdf for us.
This is a newer version than mine as well.
I can't think of a good reason to use it on a Pioneer.
Knowing this is universal for other machines, the manufacturer may have gotten feedback from other users requesting the update. Other machines may be more sensitive to this than our Pioneers.
Confusing, I thought that was what the isolater was for?????

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Confusing, I thought that was what the isolater was for?????

Sounds more like it’s to protect the isolator.

It’s a “new” feature which explains why my 18month old one doesn’t have it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sounds more like it’s to protect the isolator.

It’s a “new” feature which explains why my 18month old one doesn’t have it.
Hmm, I have isolated my accessories to the second battery that are feed from the isolator, do some have a double back system?

B

BamaDave

Apr 28, 2021
South Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry for bring this back from the dead!

Can someone please provide an update as I'm kinda confused? I'm working on setting up a second battery and considering that I have a need to set up a trickel charger to support charging both a Lead Acid Battery (factory battery) and a Absorbed Glass Mat Battery (secondary battery an Odyssey Battery). I would appreciate someone providing pics of the best method so I don’t purchase unsupported setup! Thanks!! David

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!