BOX1

Cheap Alarm System

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm taking the Pioneer on a road trip and he'll be spending a few nights outdoors... alone. I was cool with that until @trigger mentioned something about people touching our stuff. Now I'm concerned about it and he's not! o_O

I did some searching on Amazon and found this cheap alarm system. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZGGORFM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

It has lots of features but I only wanted the shock sensor and I don't really trust a $19 part attached to my ignition wiring. It's a two wire install and I believe it will work using just a 9V battery if you didn't want to wire it.

@Remington has been part of the conversation too. He may want to see this. :)

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm taking the Pioneer on a road trip and he'll be spending a few nights outdoors... alone. I was cool with that until @trigger mentioned something about people touching our stuff. Now I'm concerned about it and he's not! o_O

I did some searching on Amazon and found this cheap alarm system. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZGGORFM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

It has lots of features but I only wanted the shock sensor and I don't really trust a $19 part attached to my ignition wiring. It's a two wire install and I believe it will work using just a 9V battery if you didn't want to wire it.

@Remington has been part of the conversation too. He may want to see this. :)
Nice job there turbo! Looks easy

D

Deleted member 3748

We've traveled a lot with our machines over the years and never had an issue.. are you worried about it in the trailer or just parked wherever you're leaving it?
On the trailer at the hotel. I wasn't worried at all until someone mentioned something...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
On the trailer at the hotel. I wasn't worried at all until someone mentioned something...

Lol, you had me looking at them last night. I want one like you have but operated on a 9V battery. After reading up, yours takes a 9V as a backup in case the bike's battery dies. Wonder if it works without being hardwired? The ones I found didn't have very good reviews and ship from China, I hate waiting 3 weeks for sh**.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lol, you had me looking at them last night. I want one like you have but operated on a 9V battery. After reading up, yours takes a 9V as a backup in case the bike's battery dies. Wonder if it works without being hardwired? The ones I found didn't have very good reviews and ship from China, I hate waiting 3 weeks for sh**.
Better be carful,might be really N Korean made then shipped to China for export and no detection! Lol might self distruct shortly after activating :eek::D

D

Deleted member 3748

It will work using just a 9V battery and no wiring at all. Do you want a new video? :D

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We've always just cabled them down good and backed the trailer up to the motel doors. Usually stay at places with exterior doors right off the room Keep a pistol handy and rock on!
I'm always armed! Good idea

Reactions: JTW
D

Deleted member 3748

We've always just cabled them down good and backed the trailer up to the motel doors. Usually stay at places with exterior doors right off the room Keep a pistol handy and rock on!
Spending 5 minutes on a $19 alarm sounds like a better plan than firing a gun across a motel parking lot while someone runs off with your Yeti. :D

@trigger - the 9v battery works. I'll post a video when I'm back on a computer.

S

Swheels

Dec 4, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0053
Installed the spy5000 with proximity sensor. Closer than 5 feet and it arms. Works great.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!