Cheap Alarm System

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
J

JTW

Spending 5 minutes on a $19 alarm sounds like a better plan than firing a gun across a motel parking lot while someone runs off with your Yeti. :D

@trigger - the 9v battery works. I'll post a video when I'm back on a computer.
Go for it then... if you're not comfortable or competent enough then I wouldn't suggest it... but my way insures we still have our yeti in the morning.

D

Deleted member 3748

Go for it then... if you're not comfortable or competent enough then I wouldn't suggest it... but my way insures we still have our yeti in the morning.
I already did it. Did you miss the entire thread? Are you sure you're even commenting on the right thread? You seem to be adding words that were never said.

D

Deleted member 3748

I just ordered one. A folding shovel too.
Cool. Wait until you see the instructions! I said it doesn't have a sensitivity adjustment, and it doesn't, but it only goes off for about 5 seconds then stops unless there is more movement. So if someone bumps it, it will only go off for a few seconds.

Which shovel did you get?

Reactions: trigger
J

JTW

I already did it. Did you miss the entire thread? Are you sure you're even commenting on the right thread? You seem to be adding words that were never said.
Apparently... does it work well? My bad... I thought you were talking out loud over the idea. The video didn't show up the first time I looked. Annnnyhooo... I like it! Allows for a better nights sleep than listening for every odd sound thru the night.

J

JTW

I'm taking the Pioneer on a road trip and he'll be spending a few nights outdoors... alone. I was cool with that until @trigger mentioned something about people touching our stuff. Now I'm concerned about it and he's not! o_O

I did some searching on Amazon and found this cheap alarm system. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZGGORFM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

It has lots of features but I only wanted the shock sensor and I don't really trust a $19 part attached to my ignition wiring. It's a two wire install and I believe it will work using just a 9V battery if you didn't want to wire it.

@Remington has been part of the conversation too. He may want to see this. :)
That's f***'n awesome!!

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Looks interesting. I got lucky. The P5 fits in my enclosed trailer - out of sight, out of mind.
Having said that, if I didn't self move from Michigan to Alabama, I wouldn't have purchased an enclosed trailer and I would seriously look into this.
Hope you never have to see how well it works, sucks when scum think they deserve your stuff more than you do.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Cool. Wait until you see the instructions! I said it doesn't have a sensitivity adjustment, and it doesn't, but it only goes off for about 5 seconds then stops unless there is more movement. So if someone bumps it, it will only go off for a few seconds.

Which shovel did you get?
It better be big! Because this dude lays big ones! Lol
Looks interesting. I got lucky. The P5 fits in my enclosed trailer - out of sight, out of mind.
Having said that, if I didn't self move from Michigan to Alabama, I wouldn't have purchased an enclosed trailer and I would seriously look into this.
Hope you never have to see how well it works, sucks when scum think they deserve your stuff more than you do.
so true! If it's all right with you? I'll still call you a Michigander! Once a Michigander always a Michigander.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
It better be big! Because this dude lays big ones! Lol

so true! If it's all right with you? I'll still call you a Michigander! Once a Michigander always a Michigander.
Sure, I guess you can take the boy out of the mitten, but you can't take the mitten out of the boy.
On some of your earlier posts I didn't notice you are from Stockbridge. I was born just south of you in Jackson...lived in Jackson, Brooklyn and Clarklake before moving south.
Now that I'm in Alabama, I try really hard not to say "y'all" because I don't want to seem condescending or mocking those born here, but I can't seem to break my vocabulary of "eh?" from my time at MTU in the 70's - loved the Keweenaw, skiing, snowshoeing, winter camping, riding trails on dirt bikes, scuba diving in Lake Superior, etc, etc.
Plus I really miss not being able to show people where I live and went to school on my hands, been thinking I need to print a map of Alabama on a playing card sized paper so I can hold it in my hand and say "this is where I live". Won't be the same as using two hands to show the upper and lower peninsulas.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!