P1000 Clutch problems

B

Bates580

May 2, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m having some clutch issues. My 1,3,5 and reverse clutch starting slipping so I replaced the clutches. After about the third ride they started slipping again. I performed the clutch relearn and it went back to shift normal. Then at about 400 miles on the set it started slipping again. I relearned the clutches ran fine for about a mile. Turned the machine off and when I started it back they was slipping again and it won’t take the clutch relearn now. Hopefully someone has similar problems and can give some advice on a fix other than new clutches

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First of all, Its your first post and u joined in 19’ so
Welcome to the form.
What year is your machine, how many miles?
also pics, we like pics.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

H

HondaTech

Year
Miles
If your unit is a 2016, has the clutch update been installed?
Ever had water in the oil?
Did you clean the valve body, rear case area when the clutches were replaced?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First of all, Its your first post and u joined in 19’ so
Welcome to the form.
What year is your machine, how many miles?
also pics, we like pics.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Uh oh, I think you might have goofed up, Remington. That's kinda like a Catch-22 I think. If he did post pics his slipping clutch happened and he's stuck with the problem, and if he doesn't post pics, that must mean his problem didn't happen . . . do I have that right?

I'm confused!

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
B

Bates580

May 2, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2017. I cleaned everything good when I replaced it. Soaked the new basket for about 24 hours before the install. It has 1866 miles on it

B

Bates580

May 2, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a picture of the machine

5FF72FED 6AD2 4987 A799 3448AB2FF683

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Uh oh, I think you might have goofed up, Remington. That's kinda like a Catch-22 I think. If he did post pics his slipping clutch happened and he's stuck with the problem, and if he doesn't post pics, that must mean his problem didn't happen . . . do I have that right?

I'm confused!
Negative on the goof!
#POIDH is all about posting a pic of the machine if you only post and never had an intro and no pics or an intro with no pics. Although it can apply for certain issues/projects that are spoken about that may be held as a false not believable statment. In this case , If u look at the OP’s messages at the time of the post, he only had 1 and it was this one. So the #POIDH was for pics of the machine.

So yes…you were confused about the non goof! lol

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2017. I cleaned everything good when I replaced it. Soaked the new basket for about 24 hours before the install. It has 1866 miles on it
Thats quite low amount of miles for a clutch issue unless its an early 17’ with the old 16’ style clutch system or you beat the crap out of it? 🤣

I would suggest to go back through it with this write up. @CumminsPusher did a marvelous write up step by step. Its easy but you have to pay atten to some small steps that can cause u issues down the line if not done right.

Reactions: Lady01
B

Bates580

May 2, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats quite low amount of miles for a clutch issue unless its an early 17’ with the old 16’ style clutch system or you beat the crap out of it? 🤣

I would suggest to go back through it with this write up. @CumminsPusher did a marvelous write up step by step. Its easy but you have to pay atten to some small steps that can cause u issues down the line if not done right.

Reactions: Lady01
B

Bates580

May 2, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure why my reply posted funky. But that’s the write up I used. I have gave it no more hell than the next guy. Both times it’s messed up I was riding with 2 other pioneers

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not sure why my reply posted funky. But that’s the write up I used. I have gave it no more hell than the next guy. Both times it’s messed up I was riding with 2 other pioneers
Well if you used CP’s write up and it failed, then you must have done something wrong. Or maybe @HondaTech will have an answer for you?

Im not trying to lay blame 100% on you. Im a 21yr service tech and I miss things at times. Would be nice to know your build date to determine for that 16’ clutch update situation I had just to clear that up.
You used genuine Honda parts right?

B

Bates580

May 2, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well if you used CP’s write up and it failed, then you must have done something wrong. Or maybe @HondaTech will have an answer for you?

Im not trying to lay blame 100% on you. Im a 21yr service tech and I miss things at times. Would be nice to know your build date to determine for that 16’ clutch update situation I had just to clear that up.
You used genuine Honda parts right?
Yes used all genuine Honda parts. I need to pull the floor board up this week and see if it has the updated cover.

D

Deanr308

Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m having some clutch issues. My 1,3,5 and reverse clutch starting slipping so I replaced the clutches. After about the third ride they started slipping again. I performed the clutch relearn and it went back to shift normal. Then at about 400 miles on the set it started slipping again. I relearned the clutches ran fine for about a mile. Turned the machine off and when I started it back they was slipping again and it won’t take the clutch relearn now. Hopefully someone has similar problems and can give some advice on a fix other than new clutches
just throwing this out there. I have heard that people are having transmission shifting issues because of low battery voltage, and this is because of an overload in accesories. I had some weird electrical problems until I installed the second battery kit in mine. it's worth a shot. by the way I have a 2018 honda pioneer 100-5. awesome machine. no problems since I installed the second battery. hope this helps

B

Bates580

May 2, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just throwing this out there. I have heard that people are having transmission shifting issues because of low battery voltage, and this is because of an overload in accesories. I had some weird electrical problems until I installed the second battery kit in mine. it's worth a shot. by the way I have a 2018 honda pioneer 100-5. awesome machine. no problems since I installed the second battery. hope this helps
I have dual batteries