P1000 Cold weather rated Stinger/selenoid

W

Weasel_master

Dec 14, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got everything needed to do the second battery addition. I'm going to use a Battery Doctor isolator as I like that I can tie the two batteries together during cold weather for additional starting capacity. I just need a selenoid or stinger that is weatherproof and cold weather rated. Ive seen several with a Stinger brand but some have stated it freezes up in winter. What do you recommend to use?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use a solenoid made for a snow plow. It works great and has never failed.

W

Weasel_master

Dec 14, 2018
Mn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea. Thanks, I'll check that out.

Biz

Biz

May 17, 2018
Saginaw, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going with Cole Hersee 24117-01. It's continuous duty at 65amps and UL rated. No real world experience yet but I will test it before I head out on the ice fishing.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going with Cole Hersee 24117-01. It's continuous duty at 65amps and UL rated. No real world experience yet but I will test it before I head out on the ice fishing.
I have the larger one of this brand. I think it was 85a continuous. Going on a year of use and 2600 miles without any issues.

zfisher

zfisher

Jul 22, 2020
Marion Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the larger one of this brand. I think it was 85a continuous. Going on a year of use and 2600 miles without any issues.
I am assuming that you would wire that up just like the Stinger brand? I have not found many resources for the Cole Hersee, just good reviews as I am looking for something to run in Iowa and we get pretty cold here sometimes thanks

Biz

Biz

May 17, 2018
Saginaw, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am assuming that you would wire that up just like the Stinger brand? I have not found many resources for the Cole Hersee, just good reviews as I am looking for something to run in Iowa and we get pretty cold here sometimes thanks
I purchased from Amazon, looks like they currently have 1 available.
Wires just like the Stinger brand.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought it on ebay or Amazon. I cant remember exactly when and cant find it in my order history. I ride in ohio winters with no problem. Good luck with the mods.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!