Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dammit! Now after looking around some the s&w csx is in the mix. So that p938 and the micro 9 so far are top I think

Reactions: Buggyman and Scoop
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've belonged to a very active and popular grass-roots Michigan-centric 2A discussion forum since 2003. If a guy wanted to shoot an X or a Y, it wouldn't take but a few posts to find someone willing to meet up and let someone shoot theirs. They love any excuse to go shooting.

You might look for a forum like that in your state.
That’s a good idea I’d like to handle a few before just ordering something in.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Nice.....If I had a Staccato, I wouldn't have any money for mags or ammo🤪
Yea, they aren't a common CCW choice.

Actually, it's one of my favorite shooting pistols and I do CCW it *occassionally*. I have a QVO Tactical 'Wingman' AIWB holster for it. Supports an extra mag along with the Holosun HE507C-GR-X2 optic and Streamlight TLR-7A tactical light. I limit my CCW with it because I cringe at the thought of turning it over to Barney Fife if there's an SD incident.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Now that I’ve had a few Mules I can say this without being modest. For me, the G45 with the RMR is the absolute ticket. I can shoot the absolute 💩 out of it! Complete confidence with my skills and it.

I get the lack of safety issue, but with my appendix holster I don’t worry about that at all. Wouldn’t want to put one in my pocket with no holster but my setup works. Very easy access and complete concealment. (If my shirts untucked). I can’t carry that way on suit days.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Many indoor gun ranges offer gun rental while at the range. Might be another alternative to try out a few different guns.
I’m at the range now. Allowed to bring in two at a time

4B0FC7FD 80E3 48D8 8888 7ED07A202DB0

advertisement
Double DP

Double DP

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Hollister CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bottom line, you aren't in the trenches, keep it clean and if you ever need it, it will roll. You carry for protection, your weapon should be clean and ready at that moment. Target practice will gunk it up, clean it and move on.

Double DP

Double DP

Supporting Member
Apr 19, 2022
Hollister CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Bottom line, you aren't in the trenches, keep it clean and if you ever need it, it will roll. You carry for protection, your weapon should be clean and ready at that moment. Target practice will gunk it up, clean it and move on.

Reactions: Buggyman
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
Yea, they aren't a common CCW choice.

Actually, it's one of my favorite shooting pistols and I do CCW it *occassionally*. I have a QVO Tactical 'Wingman' AIWB holster for it. Supports an extra mag along with the Holosun HE507C-GR-X2 optic and Streamlight TLR-7A tactical light. I limit my CCW with it because I cringe at the thought of turning it over to Barney Fife if there's an SD incident.
I’ve been out of the industry for too long, lol. I didn’t know STI changed their name to Staccato. My pretty worked-over STI Legend is the best firing pistol I own. It shoots super fast and is incredibly accurate. The biggest issue with the gun is that it turns me into a child and I just start dumping mags of 9mm crazy fast. It’s so fun to shoot.

I don’t own any, but I’ve shot the Infinity on several occasions and it too is a very very nice shooting and performing 2011. Just lots of money and “bling”!

Mike

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Fired these 8 guns In order: S&w csx, sig p938, Kimber r7mako, Kimber micro9, M&p shield, sig p365, Glock 43, Ruger lc9.
know it’s not much of a shakedown but I did fire off more then planned but only 5rds a piece. Everyone has there own feel and likes and maybe some were more a mental choice for me after looking over guns last couple days but really tried to go off of feel, both in the hand and firing, then how it fit in the pocket. These were all rentals and sure some had a lot more miles so that’s probably not truly fair.
A couple were big, couple felt cheap and even rattled. I really liked feel of s&w but hated trigger like a few. The Mako surprised me, I liked it and actually felt more like a metal frame but was bulky. Several had larger round count (10 max in Washington) and I do believe in count, most I would’ve been happy enough with but honestly went fairly quick down to the the original 2 I was looking at.
put 5 more rounds in each, triggers felt identical, slide felt better in the p938 but micro9 seemed to feed better. Idk it was a toss up. the Sig I liked a lot.
Gotta bust ass on side work this weekend now but I’ll tell you all how I like my new Micro9 in 10-14 days. Build quality and fit/finish won me over the Sig. Did opt for the all black with truglow orange/green nightlights and rubber wrap grip, that made it feel really good.

502BB92E A0AC 446F 9153 081C55C8D849

Last edited:
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
^^^^
Pistol comfort and how it feels in the hand is paramount. I’ve never shot a pistol well if it doesn’t feel comfortable in my hand. It doesn’t matter what brand it is.

I judge a pistol first by grip/feel, followed by trigger performance, weight and then size.

Mike

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Definitely handle one and shoot all of them if u can. If the p365 is small enough for what u want, it will be hard to beat. I wanted a micro9 till I shot my buddies.
It did have a nice shaped grip and small sized and was pretty tight. It was the pistol my salesman suggested. I liked the Kimber Mako better but It was bulky, the 365 would’ve been my choice from the striker fires I shot. Nice gun

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
^^^^
Pistol comfort and how it feels in the hand is paramount. I’ve never shot a pistol well if it doesn’t feel comfortable in my hand. It doesn’t matter what brand it is.

I judge a pistol first by grip/feel, followed by trigger performance, weight and then size.

Mike
Man I agree. I like firing off rounds from nearly anything but something that feels good in your hand and shooting is more fun. I know the draw to some guns and I know why some like them but even my carry is going to get some rounds shot through it. With my current full frame Beretta I absolutely enjoy shooting that. I’ve tried a couple poly guns and they weren’t as nice to shoot and I wasn’t as accurate. I guess I wanted something small that reminds me of my pistol. Only 3 did that but trigger wasn’t good on one.
Its funny how I always wanted a Kimber in 10mm now got this sawed off 9🤣

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
It did have a nice shaped grip and small sized and was pretty tight. It was the pistol my salesman suggested. I liked the Kimber Mako better but It was bulky, the 365 would’ve been my choice from the striker fires I shot. Nice gun
Yea I was wanting something smaller than my gen1 xds9. Looked at a bunch and waited. 365 came out and had awesome reviews. Loved my xds except size. 365 blows it away for what I want. Crazy how flat it shoots.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea I was wanting something smaller than my gen1 xds9. Looked at a bunch and waited. 365 came out and had awesome reviews. Loved my xds except size. 365 blows it away for what I want. Crazy how flat it shoots.
I would’ve liked to have all new guns and lots more ammo to compare better truthfully. Wasn’t able to do any grouping or anything, just fire few rounds and go. s***ty comparison. But at least got to do that rather then order something in locally without knowing anything.
Been awhile since bought a gun, feels great because like you the big frame wasn’t getting it done

Reactions: Farmer and Buggyman
Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fired these 8 guns In order: S&w csx, sig p938, Kimber r7mako, Kimber micro9, M&p shield, sig p365, Glock 43, Ruger lc9.
know it’s not much of a shakedown but I did fire off more then planned but only 5rds a piece. Everyone has there own feel and likes and maybe some were more a mental choice for me after looking over guns last couple days but really tried to go off of feel, both in the hand and firing, then how it fit in the pocket. These were all rentals and sure some had a lot more miles so that’s probably not truly fair.
A couple were big, couple felt cheap and even rattled. I really liked feel of s&w but hated trigger like a few. The Mako surprised me, I liked it and actually felt more like a metal frame but was bulky. Several had larger round count (10 max in Washington) and I do believe in count, most I would’ve been happy enough with but honestly went fairly quick down to the the original 2 I was looking at.
put 5 more rounds in each, triggers felt identical, slide felt better in the p938 but micro9 seemed to feed better. Idk it was a toss up. the Sig I liked a lot.
Gotta bust ass on side work this weekend now but I’ll tell you all how I like my new Micro9 in 10-14 days. Build quality and fit/finish won me over the Sig. Did opt for the all black with truglow orange/green nightlights and rubber wrap grip, that made it feel really good.

View attachment 353087
Nice. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll like it. Ultimately it comes down to what you like, how it feels in your hand, and how you shoot it. That is basically the kimber version of my Sig938. My model is the sports 13. It was a run they did a while back. Next one can be your 10mm. I love 10mm. I carry a glock 20 10mm when we're hiking in any black bear area. If your deer hunting with it check out the Dan Wesson bruin. It's real nice.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!