Supreme Court Ruling - Concealed Carry

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are your thoughts on the concealed carry SC ruling?
My thoughts: Huge SLAP to the face “ insert Batman and Robin meme here” to all them Dems!!😜

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
The lack of logic on the Left blows my mind. The mental gymnastics it must take to think that this ruling will increase crime is astounding. To think that this now gives criminals a free pass to conceal carry while simultaneously thinking they aren't already doing just that is being naive AF.

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That is the total of the Second Amendment. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

N

Nvrgiveup

An armed citizen is still the best deterrent to crime
This is my personal opinion, but I’m gonna modify your statement a bit before I stand in total agreement with you:

A properly trained and properly prepared armed citizen is still the best deterrent to crime.
I personally feel that giving EVERYONE the ability to carry a weapon without any type of formalized training is not such a good idea. There’s a lot more to being an armed citizen than putting a weapon on your person and heading out the door.
I tote some type of pistol with me literally everywhere I go, and hope I never need it. The post-shooting barrage is arguably far worse than the armed encounter itself, and I never wanna have to deal with it as a civilian.

advertisement
S

Saltydog

Jan 19, 2022
Arizona
This is my personal opinion, but I’m gonna modify your statement a bit before I stand in total agreement with you:

A properly trained and properly prepared armed citizen is still the best deterrent to crime.
I personally feel that giving EVERYONE the ability to carry a weapon without any type of formalized training is not such a good idea. There’s a lot more to being an armed citizen than putting a weapon on your person and heading out the door.
I tote some type of pistol with me literally everywhere I go, and hope I never need it. The post-shooting barrage is arguably far worse than the armed encounter itself, and I never wanna have to deal with it as a civilian.
Another"I believe in the Second Amendment, BUT..." It says nothing about "training" Don't try to improve perfection.

N

Nvrgiveup

Another"I believe in the Second Amendment, BUT..." It says nothing about "training" Don't try to improve perfection.
Unlike most, I’ve seen this issue from a couple different perspectives. My opinion is based on training, and real-life experience; not from reading a piece of paper, and therefore is unwavering. Stay safe and Abe a great weekend.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Trying to infringe (limit) that fundamental right specifically stated in the US Constitution has proven to be completely irrelevant and ignored by criminals in thousands of cases every year.

How many law-abiding citizens been unable to defend themselves, their families, and their homes from criminal thugs due to leftist attempts to deny their right to own and bear arms?

How many law-abiding citizens who used a gun to defend themself from an attack by a criminal thug have been severely punished by stupid leftist politicians and laws?

Last edited:
N

Nvrgiveup

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Trying to infringe (limit) that fundamental right specifically stated in the US Constitution has proven to be completely irrelevant and ignored by criminals in thousands of cases every year.

How many law-abiding citizens been unable to defend themselves, their families, and their homes from criminal thugs due to leftist attempts to deny their right to own and bear arms?

How many law-abiding citizens who used a gun to defend themself from an attack by a criminal thug been severely punished by stupid leftist politicians and laws?
Enjoy your day pal

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
One of the many traits of human nature that leftists never understand is that passing more foolish and restrictive laws to prevent criminal behavior they don't approve of never influences criminals but always limits and punishes law-abiding citizens.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
The most important part of this ruling is the fact it now gives the lower courts clear instructions on how to evaluate any gun laws, instead of the 2A 2-step interest balacing junk they have been using. Laws that have exceptions for cops? Done, see 14th Amendment. Laws where .gov has no supporting evidence for their assertions? Done, go re-read the 2nd Amendment. Bump stocks magically a machine gun because Trump & ATF feels? Get outta here with that crap. The USSC and some appeals courts have held a handful of good cases pending the outcome of Bruen, ones including right to carry, mag limits, assault weapons, etc. The logjam should be blown open soon, watch the USSC orders released on Monday for more info. The more optimistic folks reading their tea leaves say that even the '68 GCA and the machine gun bans are in trouble.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yea I wouldn't let my wife or kid carry/use a firearm without training. Even if it's just me doing the training out back behind the house.

When my wife took her cwp class she said there was a person in there we know. This person definitely does not need to be carrying a gun. There were other people in the class giving them the correct answers for the test so they could pass. In my opinion those people "helping" shouldn't have a gun either.

Just the other week a guy at work wanted to show me what he got for a wedding gift. He said it's a glock 43 and proceeded to pull it out of his waistband while in the holster but then pointed the gun right at my stomach while unholstering it. I quickly told him not to be pointing that at me and he said he didn't. That guy shouldn't have a gun either if he doesn't know which direction it's pointing.

I guess my point is if you don't know how to properly use a firearm then you shouldn't carry one. Common sense to me. I'm no professional but I know how to handle my weapon.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R

I get more of an "Only ones" feeling, but that is just as contemptible as your interpretation.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
“Shall not be infringed” is no longer realistic. It should apply to competent individuals only. We have too many idiots running around, either mentally ill or emotionally inept, and they have no business handling lethal weapons.
The underlying problem is the ongoing moral decay of our society.
Kids are not taught to respect their fellow human beings. They sit in front of a video game for hours on end killing zombies or dueling other players, and if they get ‘killed’ they can respawn and do it again. Pulling a trigger means nothing to them other than a high score.
Then one day somebody hurts their feelings in real life and they pick up a gun and go to settle that score.
When I was a kid I learned to handle a gun around the age of 8. I knew that once you pulled that trigger, there was no taking it back. You damn well better know what you’re doing.
And strangely enough, if one of my peers had a penis, everybody consider him to be a boy.
Our society is quickly going to hell. You can either be prepared to deal with it, or be a victim.
I long for simpler times when people knew which bathroom to use.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I see no need for qualifications on rights guaranteed by the 2nd amendment. Your not giving anyone the ability for anything. That ability is guaranteed by the 2nd. I carry everyday everywhere. I have since I was old enough to own my own. Even before my state started to issue concealed carry permits. Qualifications are just another form of unconstitutional gun control.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!