Conceal Carry Kimber micro 9

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dammit @CumminsPusher you got me looking at guns again.

hellcat is a nice gun…with the bag and mag rebate on the No optics gun…very tempting….gun sure fits my hands…

but I found this in the ditch today box and all….which is handy since it was what the wifey wanted and I’m a S&W fan…wonder if I can find a pocket holster for it?🤣

View attachment 353139
The hellcat is a great gun . My EDC of choice right now if I need more concealment than my xds mod 2 40cal. I put a Hogue grip made for the p365 on it. Hogue didnt make one at the time. The p365 is nice I just wanted a little fatter grip.

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Kimber Pro Raptor II that I carry in the woods with me when every time I go out. It gets full of dust and stays pretty dirty. I clean it once per year and I have never had a failure of any sort. Every round through it has fed and fired with no issues. Accurate? Most accurate .45 I’ve ever owned and the trigger is by far the best factory trigger from any manufacturer that I have experience with. I would have no problems with an EDC Micro 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have a Kimber Pro Raptor II that I carry in the woods with me when every time I go out. It gets full of dust and stays pretty dirty. I clean it once per year and I have never had a failure of any sort. Every round through it has fed and fired with no issues. Accurate? Most accurate .45 I’ve ever owned and the trigger is by far the best factory trigger from any manufacturer that I have experience with. I would have no problems with an EDC Micro 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya the Kimber trigger was the best factory one I’ve ever felt. That pistol just felt hydraulic with everything, build quality was amazing. We’ll see how she does. Very impatiently waiting for the call to pick it up.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I’ve been out of the industry for too long, lol. I didn’t know STI changed their name to Staccato. My pretty worked-over STI Legend is the best firing pistol I own. It shoots super fast and is incredibly accurate. The biggest issue with the gun is that it turns me into a child and I just start dumping mags of 9mm crazy fast. It’s so fun to shoot.
In my personal opinion, you'd be hard pressed to find a better shooting pistol than a Staccato without spending a whole lot more money (e.g., something along the lines of a Nighthawk custom).

My Staccato C2 DPO Tactical:

My other golden child, a Wilson Combat eXperior DS 9mm:

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In my personal opinion, you'd be hard pressed to find a better shooting pistol than a Staccato without spending a whole lot more money (e.g., something along the lines of a Nighthawk custom).

View attachment 353807

View attachment 353808
Man, both beautiful pistols, I might have a little problem carrying IWB though. Barely have enough room for the Hellcat or Kimber 😂

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey sorry for the late reply, I'm not 100% sure but I think so. There is a place to put the code in the checkout section on their website. I bought two of them.
Thank you for the response! I was able to verify in cart that I was able to use the coupon. I came super close to pulling the trigger on a GDO 30 and then did some more digging and I was able to use an optics planet coupon combined with some OP bucks and snagged the red dot I have been really wanting. I got the Romeo7 for $142 taxed totaled and shipped. I did forward the coupon to a friend of mine looking for a long range scope. Viridian has a nice 6-24x50. I am not sure if the friend made his purchase. He never responded to me.

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520

View attachment 353807

View attachment 353808
Beautiful firearms! I appreciate the pics! I’m assuming the Staccato shoots similar to my STI but, I’m thinking I’ll need to find one to shoot and compare. I’ve shot several Nighthawk Custom 1911 9mm variants. They are excellent….and they are good people too!

Mike

advertisement
P

PMN

Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
FWIW, some feedback on Kimber products. As Scoop pointed out, there seems to be a bit of a love-hate phenomenon with them.

I have a Kimber Master Carry in 45 ACP, it was my go to EDC for several years. It eats everything I feed it. After about 500 rounds, the recoil spring weakened (failure to feed) and needed replacement. After replacement, appetite returned, it eats everything again. I never had any issues with cleanliness related malfunctions. It shoots better than I can.

I also have a Kimber Montana 84M in 308, bought used on Gunbroker. After firing 7 rounds, the gun grouped at 1/2 MOA if I do my part. It has stayed consistent, except when I broke the scope when it came off the back of the ATV on rocky terrain. New scope, back to 1/2 MOA…….

I also have a couple of the Kimber pepper guns that essentially function as a 2 shot derringer, good to about 25 feet. I left one tucked out of sight in the door pocket of my car when it went in for bodywork, and one of the body shop techs “somehow” managed to shoot himself in the face with it. I am happy to report that he was immediately incapacitated but otherwise unharmed, much to the amusement of his coworkers. After a call from the manager, I was able to retrieve the implement before he shot himself a second time……

My Kimber experiences are positive, but I am sure you can find folks in the other camp, which probably includes the body shop tech mentioned above. These days I tend to carry a 43X with Shield metal mags.

I will refrain from offering advice on caliber/make/mag capacity, everyone needs to make their choices and accept the consequences. The best gun for you is probably one that you like and can shoot well.

If you buy one, let us know how it shoots!!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Beautiful firearms! I appreciate the pics! I’m assuming the Staccato shoots similar to my STI but, I’m thinking I’ll need to find one to shoot and compare. I’ve shot several Nighthawk Custom 1911 9mm variants. They are excellent….and they are good people too!

Mike
A big part of the reason I like the Staccatos and Wilson Combats is that they are 100% made in the US from 100% US sourced materials.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A big part of the reason I like the Staccatos and Wilson Combats is that they are 100% made in the US from 100% US sourced materials.
Aren’t most guns?

Reactions: Scoop and Buggyman
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Aren’t most guns?
No. Quite a few are imported. Further, of the brands and models that are assembled here, many contain components made in other countries, and even some components manufactured here are manufactured from raw materials produced in other countries. You would be surprised.

Reactions: Buggyman
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!