Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
"Buy American" doesn't mean what it used to mean.
I know all my guns are American but I’m sure a few of the parts here and there aren’t. I try to buy USA built things but yes it’s tough to research everything and see exactly what is and isn’t. And to be completely honest some things you don’t want to buy American, our quality has gone down on many things, there’s no pride in the new generation of American worker or the company itself. It’s more important to make a buck and sell something inferior, that’s why you never trust a salesman.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I try to buy USA built things but yes it’s tough to research everything and see exactly what is and isn’t.
Agreed. Being an FFL affords me the exposure to quite a variety of firearms and the industry. I would be hard pressed to know much about the topic if I wasn't.

And to be completely honest some things you don’t want to buy American, our quality has gone down on many things
While this is unfortunately common opinion, I will take a Staccato or Wilson Combat over anything at or below their price ranges, regardless of where they are manufactured and/or assembled. I'm not saying there aren't other 100% reliable firearms, but the combination of accuracy, durability, reliability, and fit & finish can't be found in many other brands. Just my $0.02, not trying to talk bad about anybody else's firearms, as I own and carry other brands (including my daily carry and truck gun).

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
While this is unfortunately common opinion, I will take a Staccato or Wilson Combat over anything at or below their price ranges, regardless of where they are manufactured and/or assembled. I'm not saying there aren't other 100% reliable firearms, but the combination of accuracy, durability, reliability, and fit & finish can't be found in many other brands. Just my $0.02, not trying to talk bad about anybody else's firearms, as I own and carry other brands (including my daily carry and truck gun).

Do you have any personal experience with Nighthawk Custom? If so, how does it compare to the Wilson Combat?

I haven't shot the Wilson Combat, but, I'm extremely impressed with the Nighthawk Customs.
I feel their firearms are worth every penny.

I almost always carry a Glock, regardless of all the brands and firearms I own.

Mike

Reactions: Buggyman
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Do you have any personal experience with Nighthawk Custom?

Very little, TBH. But my customers tell me that they are some of the finest handguns produced.

I almost always carry a Glock, regardless of all the brands and firearms I own.
My EDC and truck gun are both Glock pistols, primarily because they are 100% dependable firearms that won't be a big financial loss if I were ever involved in a SD situation and had to turn it over to LE for the investigation.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Be a little easier to carry. Must be getting old lol. Can’t wait to empty a box through it next weekend

C26D7041 6DC2 4EC9 94E1 D5635403FD50

30A77F1D 2A9F 4E0A AA05 1EE2FE8A1798

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Bastards! Got me looking at pistols again. 🤨
Btw, leaning heavily towards the Sig 365sas
Shoot one before you buy it. Most ppl end up NOT buying it.

It's hard to adjust from looking at sights that are on TOP of the slide to essentially having to look THROUGH the slide.

In short, target acquisition is totally different, and many can not get used to it and/or swap between the SAS and standard sight placement.

Put plenty of rounds down range (e.g., rental) before you make the investment.

advertisement
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Got a few goods today. Going to spend some brass this weekend

View attachment 354807
I love my sticky holster on my S&W Bodyguard 380. Also like my Galco version on my sheild as well.

Practice drawing with it. I prefer in the pocket myself.

Always holster before inserting into your pocket!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I love my sticky holster on my S&W Bodyguard 380. Also like my Galco version on my sheild as well.

Practice drawing with it. I prefer in the pocket myself.

Always holster before inserting into your pocket!
Ya already playing around a little tonight. Haven’t started firing from a draw yet
I’m not mr. shooter but first 6 rds at 40ft were pretty good. Pop can taped to a tree, missed first shot, second two were upper left but walked down good to 3 fairly center. Has a good thump to it but the smooth trigger break makes up some. I’m going to like this little pistol

5C8103C6 75CE 4AC1 9B73 94CDE5B55BD2

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I personally cannot hit a barn with a sub compact or smaller unless it’s a Sig P230 in 380 & then I’m like 007, but more like Roger Moore or Sean Connery and not that looser Pierce Brosnan…have 3 clocks but hate the no safety issue.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!