P500 Cures for a little more leg room

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
These are the 2 things I did this summer to give me a little more leg room for my right leg that doesn 't want to bend past 90 degree,I added a plate on the gas pedal that allows me to rest my foot on the part of the floor that sticks up between the driver and passenger and roll my foot over onto the gas pedal,works really good also when on rough trails,your foot doesn't bounce around ,also I took out the rubber stops off the back of the seat and made shorter ones,this slid my butt back farther in the seat about an inch,but what I like about this most is I sit more upright in the seat . WIN 20161114 162727 WIN 20161119 163834

H

highpocks

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2016
prescott mi
Ownership

1. 500
These are the 2 things I did this summer to give me a little more leg room for my right leg that doesn 't want to bend past 90 degree,I added a plate on the gas pedal that allows me to rest my foot on the part of the floor that sticks up between the driver and passenger and roll my foot over onto the gas pedal,works really good also when on rough trails,your foot doesn't bounce around ,also I took out the rubber stops off the back of the seat and made shorter ones,this slid my butt back farther in the seat about an inch,but what I like about this most is I sit more upright in the seat .View attachment 26850 View attachment 26851
i did the same thing. i used a throttle maxx and i used another members idea with bucket seats.its easer on my right leg. and softer cushion for the rear end. still need more leg room

Reactions: iowaguy
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
i did the same thing. i used a throttle maxx and i used another members idea with bucket seats.its easer on my right leg. and softer cushion for the rear end. still need more leg room
I like the idea of the throttle max ,but it looks to me you have to bend your knee more not less to use it.

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
I like the idea of the throttle max ,but it looks to me you have to bend your knee more not less to use it.
Actually the ThrottleMaxx is the only thing that makes it drive-able for me. I am only 6'2" but I could not come up with a comfortable place to put my foot until I got it. Not more bend in your leg, just more options and you can put your foot on the little divider now too.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
So you simply trimmed the rubber stops? Made them shorter?

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So you simply trimmed the rubber stops? Made them shorter?
No, I made new ones,I used 1 1/2" dia. rubber sink stoppers,drilled a hole thru the middle and cut a groove around the dia. on the big end to hold it in the seat,about the same thing as what is there now only turned over and installed backwards,but the factory ones can't be installed that way,I had to turn the dia.up to the groove down a little also on the ones I made to get it started in the hole in the seat,then worked it in with a screwdriver for a good tight fit.The stoppers are a little over an inch long,make sure the hole in the middle is plenty big,I used a 17/32 drill.Before you make new ones take the ones out that are in it and put the back on without them to see if you like the feel of it.I didn't want to cut off the ones that are in it,they wouldn't fit the length of the pins they mount on,them I made are about the same length as what was in it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!