Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I’m looking for a way to raise the engagement RPM.

Anyone know of a way?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Very intrested in this for my racecar. I have no use for launch control, but raising the DTC engagement RPM would be pretty slick.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I do not remember seeing a specific option in the PV3 to raise the take off RPM (Flash) but I'm pretty sure you can raise the idle rpm and achieve some. It engages the clutch at xxx number of rpm over where it is idling. There are a few adjustments in the line pressure settings that may be able to trick the system.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I do not remember seeing a specific option in the PV3 to raise the take off RPM (Flash) but I'm pretty sure you can raise the idle rpm and achieve some. It engages the clutch at xxx number of rpm over where it is idling. There are a few adjustments in the line pressure settings that may be able to trick the system.

I’ll try with my pv3 when I get a chance.

Currently running dynojet tune with raised rev limiter and happy vs stock.

Reactions: CID
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
DynoJet added a BUNCH of DCT stuff to the PV3. Update your software and start from a stock tune (you cannot modify a DJ tune)...

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
So I modified a stock tune and raised idle rpm 500 in every category respectively.

The engagement did not increase along with it.

Back to the DJT tune for now and will dig into the stock tune settings again maybe for something related.

Reactions: CID
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I modified a stock tune and raised idle rpm 500 in every category respectively.

The engagement did not increase along with it.

Back to the DJT tune for now and will dig into the stock tune settings again maybe for something related.
I believe the engagement is not RPM based but rather TPS based. From what I can tell in C3 programming software, Clutch Line Pressure is 43.41 in-hg (~21 psi) at "Idle" (Mode 10) and then increases during "Take-Off" (Mode 15) based on TPS and is then controlled from there in "Transient" (Mode 25) based on TPS, RPM and Slip until it reaches "Steady State" (Mode 30) where it locks up the clutch with up to 200+ in-hg (100+ psi). On the way back to a stop, there are "Deceleration" pressures and "disengagement" points factored in.

To raise the engagement RPM (give the clutch a little more "controlled" slip) I think we should try lowering the pressures in this table in a progressive manner. 14% on the first line then 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2% and leave the last line as is and see what that does. It is pretty drastic but will for sure tell us if we are on the right track. Get some base logs for reference and adjusted logs and compare. Then tweak it from there if it actually works...

From this...

To this...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!