P1000 dead battery

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
anyone having a problem with a battery draw. I have a tru isolator on my 16 1000-5 and seams like it works well but my battery is going dead If I leave sit for a week or 2!! any help? thanks

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
anyone having a problem with a battery draw. I have a tru isolator on my 16 1000-5 and seams like it works well but my battery is going dead If I leave sit for a week or 2!! any help? thanks
I have a true isolator and odessey aux battery on mine, but neither drain like that.

A battery tender might be a good solution. I added a port in the dash of mine for connecting to one periodically.

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I asume you are talking the main battery. When did the battery start going dead?. I have to ask are you sure the isolater is hooked up properly. I don't the battery would be bad after 2yrs what you can do is charge up the battery, then unhook the pos terminal, let it set,if the battery goes dead then it's the battery. More than likely you have a draw or short in the wireing, causing it to drain the battery. Make sure you have everything turned off. Unhook the pos wire, then touch/swipe the wire to the battery terminal, see if you can get a spark, if it sparks you have a draw. If you have a multi meter turn it to amps setting, unhook pos wire, use multimeter between pos teminal, and wire, it should show if it's drawing any power, it should be zero. If it's is drawing power you have a short some where.

J

JTW

I asume you are talking the main battery. When did the battery start going dead?. I have to ask are you sure the isolater is hooked up properly. I don't the battery would be bad after 2yrs what you can do is charge up the battery, then unhook the pos terminal, let it set,if the battery goes dead then it's the battery. More than likely you have a draw or short in the wireing, causing it to drain the battery. Make sure you have everything turned off. Unhook the pos wire, then touch/swipe the wire to the battery terminal, see if you can get a spark, if it sparks you have a draw. If you have a multi meter turn it to amps setting, unhook pos wire, use multimeter between pos teminal, and wire, it should show if it's drawing any power, it should be zero. If it's is drawing power you have a short some where.
Exactly on point!!

Reactions: Rincon
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Adding to what some guy said.
If something is drawing power disconnect your all custom wiring. Hopefully thats just one or 2 wires. Check for power drain.
Then hook up the isolator and second battery with no accessories. Check for power drain.
Hopefully its something you did then you can start to isolate the problem one at a time.

Something small like an LED on switch could suck 25 AH over a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Rincon
ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same problem with the 2nd battery going dead. I keep buying new true isolator. And it fixes the problem for about 4 months at a time and have to buy another one.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohiohunter give a call to the isolator guy. He might be able to help pinpoint the issue.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont think so. But members have posted that he was very responsive and willing to help.

Reactions: ohiohunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!