Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It all sounds right up my twisted, between the trees alley!! Going to be fun...
Trail blazing amongst the trees is the best. Love rubbing down a tree or using it for cornering you can turn much sharper against a tree! Very technical always looking for a route. It's like rock crawling your always looking for placement except most rock climbs have been done by someone else. We call the untapped areas in the trees "Pioneering " because no ones been there. This is where you start missing items from the rig and if it's done right you can't be afraid of scratches or getting a hole in the rig from a stick. You guys are Pioneering.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It all sounds right up my twisted, between the trees alley!! Going to be fun...
The really twisted part is there's usually 3 or 4 optional routes. Sometimes I'd flat out forget which route don took and just make it up as I went. Sometimes it was a better route. Sometimes (see my 2 wheel wheelie) it doesn't lol. It is fun though! As fun as the Bull just in a different way

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it were me I would stick with Miller or Lincoln. I would also look at used machines around 250 amps+ if you can. Probably similar price range with more capacity, HD and probably get consumables. You can figure about 1 amp per .001" of metal. So 150 amps would cover you to 3/16" metal. The one you pictured is DC only so no aluminum and you need a torch, consumables and probably power cord. One nice add on is a flex head torch.
Ok I'll start scouring Craigslist. I need at least 1/4" capability. More is even better. My cage is gonna be all pretty now that a Tig is being considered. I was gonna grind smooth mig beads, but Tig leaves them "roll of quarters knocked over" looking beads. I'll leave them just as they are. I should even have plenty to buy some good 1.75" tubing. I hate working that many days straight, but the reward is gonna be awesome. Maybe room for arched arms as well. Just for front

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ok I'll start scouring Craigslist. I need at least 1/4" capability. More is even better. My cage is gonna be all pretty now that a Tig is being considered. I was gonna grind smooth mig beads, but Tig leaves them "roll of quarters knocked over" looking beads. I'll leave them just as they are. I should even have plenty to buy some good 1.75" tubing. I hate working that many days straight, but the reward is gonna be awesome. Maybe room for arched arms as well. Just for front
The tig doesn't leave stacked quarters unless both your hands and foot can...lol. Whats fun is sitting in the bed welding around a pipe overhead and using your knee to control the foot peddle! Needless to say, my in a tough spot welds suck and my comfortable weld look decent. Seems like all the comfortable welds get covered up though.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trail blazing amongst the trees is the best. Love rubbing down a tree or using it for cornering you can turn much sharper against a tree! Very technical always looking for a route. It's like rock crawling your always looking for placement except most rock climbs have been done by someone else. We call the untapped areas in the trees "Pioneering " because no ones been there. This is where you start missing items from the rig and if it's done right you can't be afraid of scratches or getting a hole in the rig from a stick. You guys are Pioneering.
Love the term "Pioneering"... how fitting.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The tig doesn't leave stacked quarters unless both your hands and foot can...lol. Whats fun is sitting in the bed welding around a pipe overhead and using your knee to control the foot peddle! Needless to say, my in a tough spot welds suck and my comfortable weld look decent. Seems like all the comfortable welds get covered up though.
I can make those pretty welds all day with my 211. Hoping with tons of practice I can with Tig too. I got tons and tons of brazing experience from 30 years ago. That will help cause the process seems very similar to me. Nobody in my shop has brazed before except one. But most are in their 20s

Reactions: GlockMeister
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm out.. clients coming in Monday. :(
Looks like @Manwell is gonna be stuck with refereeing duties. He can set the record straight lol. Just avoid Don when that turkey comes over. I'd hate to see a man get in the middle of that mess

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't say impossible things. Only things that a Pioneer will do.
In all honesty, I gotta say that rat turd pos is one of the most lovable persons I've ever met. I definitely have a soft spot for the ole bass turd. (Yes I know that leaves me open for attack. I'm bored. Please. Attack.)

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7659
Is this Don?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doesn't get any better than when I'm sitting at my computer laughing out load... wait just a minute, the whole "mental disorder" thing is coming to my very twisted mind! Mental disorder??? I am going to fit in with the Mary's Ridge Retards!!

It's going to be good... what happens at Mary's Ridge, stays at Mary's ridge! Hell no, tell the world through the Honsasxs.com forum!

Bottom line is that fun will be had, that part is assured!

If I don't prove myself to be a retard, it will be amazing...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doesn't get any better than when I'm sitting at my computer laughing out load... wait just a minute, the whole "mental disorder" thing is coming to my very twisted mind! Mental disorder??? I am going to fit in with the Mary's Ridge Retards!!

It's going to be good... what happens at Mary's Ridge, stays at Mary's ridge! Hell no, tell the world through the Honsasxs.com forum!

Bottom line is that fun will be had, that part is assured!

If I don't prove myself to be a retard, it will be amazing...
If you show up at Don's house, you're already halfway there bud lol

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In all honesty, I gotta say that rat turd pos is one of the most lovable persons I've ever met. I definitely have a soft spot for the ole bass turd. (Yes I know that leaves me open for attack. I'm bored. Please. Attack.)
You got a soft spot alright. Between your ears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

advertisement