Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Before I forget to mention this, setting the record straight. If Don or I don't have burnt clutches, there IS NOT a problem with that clutch. We abused and re-abused both ours severely while winching. Mine feels strong as ever. Just clearing the air. I'm betting don will agree with me
Just don't do anything serous in reverse, thats when the issue shows up

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe a bit buttholeish of me, but anyone that plays around in reverse nowadays probably deserves some clutch trouble. That has been stated so many times. From day one I've laid into it in reverse. And reverse is much smoother than low or high on mine taking off. Should be the other way around with the wierd hearing but that's how it is. She is smooth as glass moving in reverse.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Maybe a bit buttholeish of me, but anyone that plays around in reverse nowadays probably deserves some clutch trouble. That has been stated so many times. From day one I've laid into it in reverse. And reverse is much smoother than low or high on mine taking off. Should be the other way around with the wierd hearing but that's how it is. She is smooth as glass moving in reverse.
This is my first S X S and no one told me not to back up a very step hill for fire wood, I looked in the owners manual, it didn't say anything about. Just you could haul 1000 lbs cargo, didn't say forward only. HA

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is my first S X S and no one told me not to back up a very step hill for fire wood, I looked in the owners manual, it didn't say anything about. Just you could haul 1000 lbs cargo, didn't say forward only. HA
Yeah that is serious screwup on Hondas part. That should be on the warning plaque on the dash. I can't count how many times I've heard that. I learned on my own just from how low the rpms were. Ask Don, do not stand behind me backing up lol. I've been known to run over big rocks backwards.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder if @Delton is going to try the ridge next week? I'm sure he would like to try it with the EVO's. I'd hate to see him be looked at as a failure by the other retards.:rolleyes:
Yeah yeah. You've seen me back down how many times? Actually I may bring back the Bighorns. It was nice not having the LF tire rubbing my flare on hard hits. They did good enough for me.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is my first S X S and no one told me not to back up a very step hill for fire wood, I looked in the owners manual, it didn't say anything about. Just you could haul 1000 lbs cargo, didn't say forward only. HA[/QUVAIS WHAT IS THE REAL FIX
Yeah yeah. You've seen me back down how many times? Actually I may bring back the Bighorns. It was nice not having the LF tire rubbing my flare on hard hits. They did good enough for me.
Every one thinks the Big Horns are 4 ply, go to the Big Horn site, they are 6 ply. My brother sell Polaris and knows a lot about tires and tells me that most tire mgf side walls are 4 ply.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Every one thinks the Big Horns are 4 ply, go to the Big Horn site, they are 6 ply. My brother sell Polaris and knows a lot about tires and tells me that most tire mgf side walls are 4 ply.
I can't find 4ply Bighorns anywhere online. But sidewalls state 4ply. They either made them specially for Honda or the tire mold was wrong. Either way, they have a very flimsy sidewall. Alot thinner than the 6ply Swamplites on my Foreman. 8ply gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling in my tummy. But my wallet hates them lol.

advertisement
J

JTW

I can't find 4ply Bighorns anywhere online. But sidewalls state 4ply. They either made them specially for Honda or the tire mold was wrong. Either way, they have a very flimsy sidewall. Alot thinner than the 6ply Swamplites on my Foreman. 8ply gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling in my tummy. But my wallet hates them lol.
They're made for Honda 4ply.. I even had this convo with my dealer. if you buy them aftermarket they're 6ply. I've now had both and you're right.. they are nowhere near the tire the aftermarket bighorn originals are

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They're made for Honda 4ply.. I even had this convo with my dealer. if you buy them aftermarket they're 6ply. I've now had both and you're right.. they are nowhere near the tire the aftermarket bighorn originals are
They make decent street tires lol

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The tread is 6 ply and the side walls are 4 ply on the stock Big Horns. I want some 8 ply/6ply side walls as well and I don't like the stock rims on the Deluxe 1000, the front rims hang out farther than the tire edge. Plus I don't need that of that much of an aggressive tread pattern, I run mine mostly in turf mode when I ride in the White Rock Mountain Range and local trails in NW Arkansas. My family has 160 acres in Pettagrew AR with trails some that look like Martys ridge. Only difference ours are broken in. Im running Trail Armor skid plates and don't think I can get away with running the same size tire on the front as the back (RUB) and I don't want rims that make me any wider. Got any suggestions?

Reactions: Delton and JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The tread is 6 ply and the side walls are 4 ply on the stock Big Horns. I want some 8 ply/6ply side walls as well and I don't like the stock rims on the Deluxe 1000, the front rims hang out farther than the tire edge. Plus I don't need that of that much of an aggressive tread pattern, I run mine mostly in turf mode when I ride in the White Rock Mountain Range and local trails in NW Arkansas. My family has 160 acres in Pettagrew AR with trails some that look like Martys ridge. Only difference ours are broken in. Im running Trail Armor skid plates and don't think I can get away with running the same size tire on the front as the back (RUB) and I don't want rims that make me any wider. Got any suggestions?
A 6+1 offset would fit the bill for ya. Problem is finding a set you like caused not that many out there. Most are 5+2 and will make the front stick out more than the rear. I'm not much of a wheel expert. I'm sure somebody will chime in on the subject. If my HD6s ever get damaged bad enough, I'll probably just go with some 60.00 apiece cheap rims. I'll just beat the crap out of them anyways lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to run the s*** out of mine and either go back to the BH originals or try out those evos.
I've been perfectly happy with the Evos except for tread wear. They wear pretty dang quick in my opinion. Don has a set and is experiencinge same thing. Lugs are deep. At least 1/4" more than the others I've measured. But wear down quicker than I'd like. I may try some Roctanes next go around.

J

JTW

I've been perfectly happy with the Evos except for tread wear. They wear pretty dang quick in my opinion. Don has a set and is experiencinge same thing. Lugs are deep. At least 1/4" more than the others I've measured. But wear down quicker than I'd like. I may try some Roctanes next go around.
Dang... I would have thought they'd have warn well. I may just stick with BH originals then.. I need something that will wear well on blacktop.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Actually I may bring back the Bighorns. It was nice not having the LF tire rubbing my flare on hard hits. They did good enough for me.
Well, if you want to fail on the ridge run like before bring back the tires you had. Actually to make you feel better, I've made that section with those street tires I have. C and I were both in the rig when I did that... I know the difference..... @LandPioneer you may want to listen to this... I made that hill with the street tires but I had my sway bar hooked.. That must have been the difference!;)

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well, if you want to fail on the ridge run like before bring back the tires you had. Actually to make you feel better, I've made that section with those street tires I have. C and I were both in the rig when I did that... I know the difference..... @LandPioneer you may want to listen to this... I made that hill with the street tires but I had my sway bar hooked.. That must have been the difference!;)
Haha the Ole Doc never gives up!:rolleyes:

advertisement