drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess there could be a Rolling Retard at Mary's Ridge certificate of completion!
Well, that or a trip to the ER, or a snapped winch rope/cable, or a photo at "the rock", or making the last part of the hill that @Delton kicked sideways and had to winch the last couple of feet... It's all good

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, that or a trip to the ER, or a snapped winch rope/cable, or a photo at "the rock", or making the last part of the hill that @Delton kicked sideways and had to winch the last couple of feet... It's all good
It's all good indeed!!

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where's Mary's Ridge?
Here's the real story on "Mary's Ridge". The home we live in was my Wife's Grandfather and Grandmother's home. The house sits on a ridge looking South with a beautiful view. My Wife's Grandmother's name was Mary, My wife Christine was named after her Grandmother, Mary Christine so with respect to her Grandmother and my Wife I named the ridge, "Mary's Ridge". Christine had a sign made and it sit at the start of the driveway that says, "Mary's Point of View", again to pay respect to a very nice lady, Mary Glass, Christine's Grandmother.....
The colored portions on the map shows our property.
The dotted line cutting the property is the mine rd. The portion below the mine rd, (C) is where Delton and got to but only touched slightly and had to winch back out of. Deer rubs everywhere too.
20161213 1026131

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cathy and I join the Retards New Years Eve weekend.
That would be nice but I work weekends. Sat and Sun I would have to work. Monday, (newyears day) along with Tues, Wed, Thur I have off. You and Cathy are welcome

Last edited:
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's the real story on "Mary's Ridge". The home we live in was my Wife's Grandfather and Grandmother's home. The house sits on a ridge looking South with a beautiful view. My Wife's Grandmother's name was Mary, My wife Christine was named after her Grandmother, Mary Christine so with respect to her Grandmother and my Wife I named the ridge, "Mary's Ridge". Christine had a sign made and it sit at the start of the driveway that says, "Mary's Point of View", again to pay respect to a very nice lady, Mary Glass, Christine's Grandmother.....
The colored portions on the map shows our property.
The dotted line cutting the property is the mine rd. The portion below the mine rd, (C) is where Delton and got to but only touched slightly and had to winch back out of. Deer rubs everywhere too.
View attachment 28463
Looks like a nice spread you have there doc.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Video 3 with me riding back down off the mine road to pick up a certain chainsaw that was left in the woods, (god help me). Then back up on Mary's Ridge from the mine road which is probably one of the toughest parts that can be climbed with the Honda most of the time as you will see.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Video 3 with me riding back down off the mine road to pick up a certain chainsaw that was left in the woods, (god help me). Then back up on Mary's Ridge from the mine road which is probably one of the toughest parts that can be climbed with the Honda most of the time as you will see.
I'm sure it's hard to tell on video but coming back from retrieving the chainsaw ( that I magically found) was totally awesome. And gnarly! I've owned that rig almost a year and was still impressed how it climbed that mess. Even after stopping suddenly (to avoid certain bodily damage), it still took off and climbed up.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The last hill video did actually show how steep it is. Great job Don showing that. Words cannot express how much fun both those hills were. I'm fine with going up and down those 2 hills all day long lol. Don has one helluva playground literally in his backyard. Sure beats donuts in horse s***. And rig was pretty clean when we were done. Unlike the horse excrement

advertisement